I'm not losing weight

Options
I'm 5'0 and 213 yes that is very unhealthy for my height and age but I need help because I am active and I do have remaining calories left at the end of the day but there is no smidget of weight loss I don't see 0.2 like other people do. I did this for 4 days and my goal is 2 pounds loss each week

Replies

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    4 days is not enough time. Water & waste weight can mask the results.....high sodium....water retention, sore muscles .....water retention, time of month......you guessed it water retention.

Just keep plugging away. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Make sure you are accurately logging. Double check entries....lots of garbage in the database. If you still aren't losing after a few weeks....invest in a food scale if you don't already use one.

Higher weekly goals are for those who have lots to lose. So when weight loss does slow down....don't panic.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    You need to do it at least for 3-4 weeks before you can say it isn't working.
  • cwang125
    cwang125 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Keep this in mind:

1lb of fat = ~3500kcal
    2lb of fat = ~7000kcal

1lb per week would be a daily deficit of 500kcal
    2lb per week would be a daily deficit of 1000kcal

To create a 2lb loss per week you would need to create a daily caloric deficit of ~1000 kcal. Either by eating less or exercising more or a combination of both.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    give it time, 4 days is nothing.
    I'd also suggest weighing all your food as opposed to measuring. Weighing for me is more accurate than measuring by cups. i can fill the cupsto overflow but i can't the grams
    Make sure you log accurately as possible. The weight will come off
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You've only logged your food 1 or 2 days. Don't give up. Never give up.
    Go get a food scale at walmart or target.
    * I would throw the frosted flakes away and get fiber one cereal instead.
  • rwebrownie
    rwebrownie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I just get very impatient and frustrated. I will use all of your advice