weighing every week

Options
Do you weigh yourself religiously? I weigh in boots once a week but might not get the chance as moving city next week and will be busy, hoping if I still track it wont affect me coming off the wagon though

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and track this in excel but only log it once per month. As a woman who has not yet gone through menopause, it's most useful to compare my weight to this time last month rather than this time last week due to normal hormonal fluctuations.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I weigh every day and track this in excel but only log it once per month. As a woman who has not yet gone through menopause, it's most useful to compare my weight to this time last month rather than this time last week due to normal hormonal fluctuations.

Same here!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily unless I'm travelling, and I keep a running log. I don't consider it a religious thing though, just part of my morning routine. If I can't do it due to travel or other things, no big deal.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, just out of curiosity. However, I only bother recording once per week anymore.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If I weighed myself daily I would be crazier than I am. I just weigh every Monday and move on.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    when I was actively losing I weighed once a week..

now maybe every 4-6 weeks..I can tell when I have over indulged based on how I feel and how my clothing is...I don't need a scale to tell me that.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,617 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week under the same conditions (after exercise/bathroom/shower/naked) and log the average of each week at the end of the month on mfp.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every day but don't worry about it too much as there is so much fluctuation. I know I'm eating at a deficit and it is my weekly average calorie count that keeps me motivated because that is what I can control. That contrary contraption we call a scale cooperates in its own sweet time by averaging down.
  • LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh every week on Monday. I tried daily but it started getting to me and I was obsessing over it. As long as you honestly stick to your deficit you shouldn't have a problem with not weighing for awhile.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily but pay attention to trends more than comparing week to week. I use Trendweight, which is a site that takes your weigh-ins and gives you a trend line that smooths out the normal fluctuations to give you a better picture on in what direction you're generally moving and at what pace. The more often you weigh, the more accurate the trend is. As long as the line keeps sloping downward, I don't care what the exact number on the scale was that morning.
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Options
  • Calieth
    Calieth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I do almost the same. I weigh everyday and track it in Excel so I can monitor the patterns. I only record it once I have seen the same weight (or less) consistently for 5 days.