Women 5'8"-5'9" success pics

Options
Notaphase
Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
I keep going back and forth about my goal. I'm just under 5'9" and my doctor said 140-145 is good weight range for me. It takes a lot of effort just to get down to 155 and it seems like getting under 150 is impossible for my height (plus I'm pretty muscular from 5x5 stronglifts). I think it would be really motivating to see some pictures of women my height who are in that goal range. can you also share any tips you may have? Thanks!

Replies

• Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I'm not sure I have hard and fast tips other than the body achieves what the mind believes- let go of the mental block that going under 150 is "impossible". It is very possible if that's what you want, you can do it!
    WOW incredible work! Just seeing this goes a long way in changing my mind set about what's possible. Thanks for posting!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Your perfect just the way you are
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you can see my profile pic but I'm in your goal range there. And just under 5'9" as well.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Woman, you are my new inspiration! You look amazing! Also- adorable baby!!!

Thank you! She's going to be four in October (dating myself a little here lol)! I have three of them, but it took me until post-#3 to get fed up with myself. I think anybody can do it with enough focus- soon you will be your own inspiration @mylifeisbeautiful , keep pushing :) !
  • mhdancemom
    mhdancemom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your perfect just the way you are

• Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wanderingirl
    wanderingirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I'm 5'9" and started at 213 in February, am currently 148 (GW is 140, thinking I'll go lower though because small frame). I'm not sure I have hard and fast tips other than the body achieves what the mind believes- let go of the mental block that going under 150 is "impossible". It is very possible if that's what you want, you can do it!

ud4p63vj9jsl.jpg

Wow, you lost 65lbs in 4 months! You look great.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am also just under 5'9" and havent been able to get under 158 lb since my late 20s (not for lack of trying). I have always hung around 160 in the past 10 years. Except of pregnancies and post babies. I am curently at 168 (post baby #2) and this time really want to get under 150 but to be honest i very highly doubt my body will let go of the last 10lb. It never has in ages :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!