Working off extra holiday calories

Options
I have been on this weight loss journey for 13 weeks, and most of days I have been under my Calorie goal. However, on Memorial Day I kind of fell off the wagon. I was careful to keep my carbs in line, but I was over my total Calories by about 1000, lots of protein, and some fat, too.

So today (Tuesday), I decided to put that extra protein to good use and add some strength training to my workout routine. Spent about 1.5-2 hours just on that, after a challenging hour-long cardio workout. Finished off with 15 minutes of low impact aerobics and 30 minutes of stretching.

Looking for some feedback on what others are doing to deal with this issue.

5255597.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• creickson
    creickson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I needed to do the same thing today but must have eaten something bad yesterday, didn't feel so good. I am going to do a double P90X workout tomorrow if I am feeling better. One bad "cheat" day in 13 weeks is nothing to feel guilty about.
  • ayj73
    ayj73 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have extra holiday calories to burn off too. I consumed way too much food and alcohol and not near enough exercise. I just finished doing P90X Yoga for 90 minutes. I will be going to the gym at dawn and I have hi noon Yoga tomorrow. I don't feel so bad but I do feel a sense of urgency to get going again! I was feeling a little sluggish & lazy.
  • smessom32
    smessom32 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After a week in an ALL INCLUSIVE hotel with far too much food and alot more Beer than I would normally consume, combined with NO real exercise, I have gained back a bit more weight than I wanted too.

After feeling tired yesterday I am back on it today.

Started the day with Day 1 Level 1 of JM Ripped in 30
    followed by a 7.5mile Bike ride to work.
    40 min Walk on my lunch break
    I will end the day with a 7.5 mile Bike ride home.

I will lose this weight again. I have done it once and I CAN do it again.

A bit dissapointed with myself for losing control, but.....I had a great holiday.
  • bruceseverson
    Options
    Going into the July 4th holiday with some trepidation. I know how easy it is to over-do it when the grill is going full -blast! :-)

The kids made BBQ Baby-back Ribs and Grilled Steaks for me for Father's Day. mmmmmm! I was eating leftovers for several days!

Back on the treadmill, I guess...

5255597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods