Vacation Help

Options
In July I am going on a week long vacation to Daytona Beach. Vacations are always my killer, I don't want to take to many steps backwards. Eating out for most meals I always blow it at restaurants. Plus my workouts are not a guarantee, the hotel has a fitness center but I want to spend a lot of time with my family and may not be able to break away for a workout.

Any tips suggestions out there that may have helped you while on vacation would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• carinox25
    carinox25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am leaving for vacation next week. My strategy is research. I found several restaurants I want to eat at and looked at the menus they have posted online. I have written down what I will eat at each restaurant. I also located the closest grocery store to my hotel so I can stock up on fruit. So when I want to snack I will have an orange or something available. Finally, I will not work out on vacation but I will do some active activities. I found several trails I want to hike. Since I will be on the beach, I figured swimming will add to my calorie deficit, and I know I will do a ton of walking.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It's up to you what to do. You can eat smaller portions like half or a quarter of what you order. Hit the fitness center early in the morning before anyone else is up. I always lose weight on vacation
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Fill up on veggies, drink water instead of soda, and watch your portions.
    Looking up menus sounds like a good idea.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Portion controls! Load up on vegetables! Get up early and hit the equipment at the gym. Remember "mindful thinking" when wanting to eat something just because it is there.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I have to eat out on vacation, we often share an entree at a restaurant instead of each getting our own.