Belly Fat

Options
Does anyone know any exercises to burn belly fat? Since I've started I've only seen a difference in my width like my hips and such but I really want to aim for my stomach..help?

Replies

• natasha1125
    Options
    cardio and ab workouts.
  • markkia
    markkia Posts: 1
    Options
    planks
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    I am trying to burn belly fat as well. I run and walk while sucking my stomach in. I also do sit ups and other ab exercises. I'm slowly starting to see a difference.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Less stress and enough sleep. The other things mentioned don't hurt either :)
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Options
    Pilates are great for core strength and cardio.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Pilates is great for your abs/core, but diet is also super important for that area of the body. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • piiratexwench
    Options
    thanks guys. i'll be sure to try some new stuff.. i've mostly just been doing cardio and dieting but it hasn't been working for my stomach. time to try something new!
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    thanks guys. i'll be sure to try some new stuff.. i've mostly just been doing cardio and dieting but it hasn't been working for my stomach. time to try something new!

You can’t target an area of your body to burn fat from. Your genetics will determine where your body stores/burns fat. All of the exercises mentions will just work your ab muscles. You have to focus on your caloric deficit and losing fat all over.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose fat from. Belly fat can be stubborn, for me my trouble area is my thighs. I lost weight almost right away from my waist when I started to choose my carbs more carefully. I stopped eating white bread/ pasta/ rice as much as possible, and try to stick to whole wheat breads, oats and grains.
    Strength training + some cardio+ eating clean as much as possible will help you lose fat. Exercises to strengthen the abdominal area- I have found hanging knee raises and the seated ab crunch machine really helped make my abs super hard, and the plank is also good.
    Good luck :)