Lunch date

Options
Tsartele
Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
edited June 2016 in Chit-Chat
Had a lunch date today with a woman who I used to work with. I've always had a thing for her but she never seem to pay much attention to me. I have not seen her in a year and a half and now live in Albuquerque. She's in Fl. Anyway I called and left her a message the other day and told her I was in town for a few days and would like to see her. She text me back and was pleasantly surprised to hear from me.

We met up today for brunch and we sat and talked for about 2 hours. It was fantastic. I want to send her a follow up text but am kind of lost as to what to say.. I've gotten as far as to say " Hey it was really great seeing you today i'm glad that we were able to reconnect..."

I don't knowwhat else to say.. My friend to me to tell her she made my day but I don't want to seem sappy or like a puppy dog...

My goal is to hopefully keep in touch with her and maybe set the groundwork for when I move back in a year and a half.

Replies

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Go with the "groundwork" thing. Yep.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    Had a lunch date today with a woman who I used to work with. I've always had a thing for her but she never seem to pay much attention to me. I have not seen her in a year and a half and now live in Albuquerque. She's in Fl. Anyway I called and left her a message the other day and told her I was in town for a few days and would like to see her. She text me back and was
    presently

pleasently surprised to hear from me.

We met up today for brunch and we sat and talked for about 2 hours. It was fantastic. I want to send her a follow up text but am kind of lost as to what to say.. I've gotten as far as to say " Hey it was really great seeing you today i'm glad that we were able to reconnect..."

I don't knowwhat else to say.. My friend to me to tell her she made my day but I don't want to seem sappy or like a puppy dog...

My goal is to hopefully keep in touch with her and maybe set the groundwork for when I move back in a year and a half.

• pie_eyes
    Options
    Wow
  • Tsartele
    Options
    Go with the "groundwork" thing. Yep.

Can you please elaborate??
  • Tsartele
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Just be genuine, don't try to lay groundwork or work out some elaborate plan. Just tell her the same thing you said here. You really enjoyed it and it was nice to see her.

I agree I don't want to say too much.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I would send what you have
  • 1Basia
    1Basia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just tell her you enjoyed reconnecting and hope you two can stay in touch (then make sure to follow through).
  • rmfindleyjr
    rmfindleyjr Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    1Basia wrote: »
    Just tell her you enjoyed reconnecting and hope you two can stay in touch (then make sure to follow through).

^^This
  • Tsartele
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    Forget all the games, tell her what you actually felt, tell her you had a great time if you had a great time.
    1Basia wrote: »

I don't play games and told her that I hope we can stay in touch and hugged/kissed her on the cheek as we said goodbye. During our brunch conversation she told me that the people she wanted to say on touch with had her number..which obviously includes me.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Asking her if she had a good time shows insecurity. "Of COURSE she had a good time, she was with him" is the attitude he needs to take. Do you ask, "was it good for you too" every time?

From woman's perspective, don't do this or any other alpha male crap.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Just be genuine, don't try to lay groundwork or work out some elaborate plan. Just tell her the same thing you said here. You really enjoyed it and it was nice to see her.

yup do this
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Whether she had a good time or not, she's going to say she did, so I wouldn't do a follow-up text with a question.

I think keep it short and say something like "hey, nice to reconnect, I had a great time" and leave it at that. That way, if she doesn't text you back, you didn't really put yourself out there too much and if she does...then you can text her back whatever you want.
  • JUiCY_KiSS
    JUiCY_KiSS Posts: 8,512 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Asking her if she had a good time shows insecurity. "Of COURSE she had a good time, she was with him" is the attitude he needs to take. Do you ask, "was it good for you too" every time?

From woman's perspective, don't do this or any other alpha male crap.

Exactly! That's the problem with the world today and dating lol but I've never known how or wanted to play games. I say what I feel and don't try to act a certain way. Maybe I'm naive.

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Why text anything at all? You won't see her for 18 months. She's gonna live her life and all your groundwork won't mean kitty.

If she's in love with you, let her squirm. Imagine when you come back to town 1.5 years later SHREDDED and you play it real cool like, "Oh hay how've u been?" Bruh. That's how you do it bruh. IMHO.

Much better than having your emojis blow up in your face 2 summers from now because she went and got a man. I'd rather not love at all and keep my pride, thank you. And there's still the chance love might be there anyway.

And what ever happened to telling your date you had an enjoyable time RIGHT AFTER you finished the date? To their face? Looking them dead in the eyes? I think hookers probably have more tact than today's youth-- sheesh.

"Hey just wanted to tell you I had a great time today"
    Yeah, no kitten... we frickin laughed for 2 hours at Chipotle. I sorta picked up on that. Got anything else?

• pie_eyes
    Options
    It's amazing how many comments are generated over someone's random musings
  • Tsartele
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I have no clue about dating anymore but aren't you hovering in the friend zone area?

Dangerously close