Cardio in morning and weights in evening??

Options
I m female .. waana loose 20 kgs...is it fine if i do cardio in morning and weights in evening..is only 7 hour gap between these two sufficient..??

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you, it's all personal preference.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do this on occasion. I'll run in the morning, then do weight training in the evening. I don't do this on a regular basis though, only if something comes up and I can't get in one of my planned workouts. As long as you get sufficient calories and hydrate, you should be fine.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've done it for years.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's fine. Weight loss will be impacted more by your diet than your exercise, so what you do when is secondary to how much you consume.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do it often. What you need to think about is recovery from lifting before lifting again.
  • pallavishani
    pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    I've done it for years.

Yes but how much gap should be there between these two
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Yes but i asking for the minimum gap required for these two.??
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    If your goal is weight loss, then it doesn't matter... do then back to back if you want.

If you have performance goals, then wait long enough so that you are recovered from the first session. There is no "you must wait ___ hours" answer.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes but i asking for the minimum gap required for these two.??

There isn't one.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    But what are you doing for weights, because if you're doing full body you'll want to have a days break in between weights workouts. So then couldn't you run in the days between? That's what I generally do although I think the muscle recovery from weights impacts running performance.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's fine. That's a standard bodybuilding cutting set up- 45-60 minutes fasted cardio and lifting in the evening after using the carbs to help boost energy while they are in a deficit.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Whatever schedule works for you. Nothing wrong with your plan. That's pretty much how I run things. Cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.
  • pallavishani
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Whatever schedule works for you. Nothing wrong with your plan. That's pretty much how I run things. Cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.

Yes but how much gap u keep in between
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

It doesn't matter. However long or short you eant
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Pretty sure this has been answered a couple of times now.

If there's a specific number you're looking for, PM me, I'll post it, and we can all move on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I m female .. waana loose 20 kgs...is it fine if i do cardio in morning and weights in evening..is only 7 hour gap between these two sufficient..??

I do this three days per week...I do a full body program so I only lift 3x per week and I cycle in the AM and lift in the PM on those days...it's fine.

That said, you really shouldn't lift every day...the benefits of lifting come with rest...you should find a structured program and work that. IMO, full body programs are best for beginners...I'm personally not a fan of splits unless you're a more advanced lifter and looking to put on mass and thus needing that kind of volume.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Generally, speaking it is not advisable to do heavy cardio before weight lifting because doing so impairs your ability to lift to one's full potential BUT this presumes cardio immediately before lifting.

With a 7 hr break between cardio and lifting, it really shouldn't matter UNLESS you feel so spent that you can't do either cardio or lifting (whichever is latter) as well as you do w/o doing one before the other.