fell off the bandwagon. :( Help?

I was doing sooooooooo perfect for about a month. that was awhile ago. i was about less than 5 pounds from my goal weight D: for some reason I stopped and never re started my diet again. any tips to get back in my habits as well as before??

Replies

• navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    It all depends upon how desperately you want it.......stay strong...you can do it. Do not let your mind control you to give up..
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you you are right
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Don't worry about being perfect or setting too many rules. It can be too much to handle. Just do the best you can! Try to stick to your goals, but forgive yourself when you slip up.
  • dwatson925
    dwatson925 Posts: 143 Member
    Just take it day by day. Someone gave me the advice of the 80/20 rule. Eat well 80% of the time and allow yourself the 20% for the times when you can't. And, at least 3 times a week for exercise.

I also can use the support of people in the similar situation. Please friend me to support each other.

Dan
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    I've done that lots of times...it's almost like self-sabotage...you get so close and then let it all slip away. Here's what I am doing to help myself, maybe it qill help you. I am setting my goals differently...instead if pounds lost, it's miles run, pounds lifted and other accomplishments. I am focusing on learning about healthy eating and lifestyles. It helps to stop making it about the end and instead making it a forever thing. That way you don't have that pressure of "what now" after you've met whatever goal you set. Hope it helps and good luck!! You got this!!
  • CheyLynas
    CheyLynas Posts: 1 Member
    It really depends on what eating plan you've chosen to live with. I follow a Ketogenic lifestyle and there are many ways to overcome a stall, infact I've just done so myself. I did 4 days of intimitant fasting and dropped another 2kg making a total loss of 18.7 in 3 months. Just find what will work for your eating plan
  • lisahile1
    lisahile1 Posts: 3 Member
    Stay strong,,,,if you want it bad enough you'll just do it. It's just like with anything else, where there's a will there's a way!!!! go for it!! :)
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Perfection isn't necessary but my tip: review the reasons you want to do what you want to do. Do you still have the same reasons?
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Have you gained weight back? Do you still only have 5 lbs to lose? Striving for perfection is unrealistic and clearly unsustainable. Don't over think it. Take what worked for you in the past and use it. Get rid of the things that were too restrictive and not doable long term.