I always go over on my carbs...

Options
Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips?

Replies

• davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    yes dont eat anything white, bread, pasta
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    yes dont eat anything white, bread, pasta

yep.. and rice... and I found out fresh peas and carrots have some but is you get canned, then there's just a lot of sodium... so you'd have to make a choice
  • thenewkarisa
    thenewkarisa Posts: 207
    Options
    and potatoes
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i always go over on sugar. lol i suck at life
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have yet to go a day under carbs. I don't eat much bread product, though: most of my carbs come from fruits, veggies, legumes and nuts. That's really all I care about: avoiding refined carbs and eating whole, healthy things. For me, it's more about quality than quantity. It all depends on what sorts of changes you want to make in your diet.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What are your protein/fat/carbs set for? Maybe they are too low, so it looks live you've eaten too much?

Swap out bread for low carb wraps/ or.. I love Joseph's pitas [60 calories for a whole one, makes a great pizza! fat free cheese, chicken, red peppers, onions, red sauce or low sugar BBQ sauce.

Swap out white potatoes for a baked sweet potato [or 1/2 one]

Make 1/2 your dinner plate vegetables [go easy on corn and carrots], 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 complex carb [brown rice, brown pasta, or brown bread]

I dont' worry about carbs that come from vegetables, bc they come with fiber, and it takes the body longer to digest and absorb the carbs.

Hope this helps!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I always go over!lol Herd to tell without seeing your diary. Cut out all boxed,canned and processed foods. That will help.
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Its so hard not to go over carbs! Breads and pastas are the worst! Try limiting yourself to 2 slices of bread a day or one meal constiting of pasta a day. Easier said than done. Carbs are just so good :(
  • NayaP
    NayaP Posts: 46
    Options
    Are you going over on your NET carbs? I learned about NET carbs when I tried Atkins a while back. When u track net carbs you always subtract the total amount of fiber you've eaten that day from the total number of carbs you've eaten. That number is the actual number of carbs you body recognizes as true carbs that day. Once u get that # you may find that you haven't gone over on carbs afterall - def worth looking into. You may also want to google net carbs to get a more scientific explanation (mine is lacking a lot of details) but it makes sense and it's helped me to have a healthier mindset (& not be so leary) of good complex carbs. My Fitness Pal doesn't have a way to track net carbs on the site right now (that I know of) so I just make sure fiber is one of the items I track every day on my food tracker. Hope this helps!
  • TraceyL88
    TraceyL88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I read that with canned veggies, if you put them in a strainer and rinse them, that takes away a lot of the sodium! :)
  • Choirgirl37
    Choirgirl37 Posts: 255
    Options
    I rarely go over my carbs and the strange thing is that it is pretty easy not to go over them. For me, it is almost effortless.

Just look back in your diary and make some adjustments here and there -for future planning. You'll need to cut some things out, but replace them with something even better for you.
  • Babbe
    Babbe Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bump for later