Processed food

Options
I do not cook well at all I pretty much don't even try anymore I rely on meals for two that are in the frozen section A lot of the time because it's just me and my husband what I'd like to know is what are your favorite processed foods that are healthy and actually taste good

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    During a busy week we get from the grocery store rotisserie chicken and from their produce aisle precut veggies to steam or to eat raw with salad dressing as a dip. Also some strawberries or apples.-- no cooking!
    Sometimes we steam rice in the rice cooker to have with the chicken and veggies.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Processed foods have to sell, so they usually have more sugar/fat than you need because that tastes super good. Also, the sodium content is pretty crazy in those usually. If you must go with processed stuff, aim for the Fit Kitchen or other low-cal frozen dinner options. But if you have a rice cooker, just cook some rice and throw a frozen fish filet and some broccoli in the steaming tray. All done at the same time.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I rarely make frozen meals but I have found those Fit Kitchen meals to be pretty tasty and not horrible on my calorie/macro goals for the day. I tried one a whim and bought a few more to keep in the freezer for my lazy moments.

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I buy pre-cooked grilled chicken breasts frozen. Also frozen fish.
    Add frozen steamable veggies bag for a side or regular frozen veggies.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there: Cooking is a skill. You have to do it to get better at it. I have been cooking for years and consider myself and very good home cook, but even I still have my WTF DID I DO disasters where I feel bad for the plants and animals that had to die to end up inedible in my garbage can. It is part of the process. You learn and get better, meal by meal. Don't give up. :smile:
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Idk, maybe you can try to work in learning some cooking while it all still being super easy and convenient.
    So instead of Chef Boyardee or a frozen spaghetti meal, you can boil pasta, add jarred sauce, and microwave a bag of broccoli. That's a meal, less than $5, and minimal effort.
    Or instead of frozen burritos, take a rotisserie chicken, warmed corn tortillas, sour cream and salsa and bam - delicious tacos. Or use flour tortillas and add a can of beans = burritos. Add a bag of salad and you're set.
    Cooking doesn't have to be really fancy with a ton of ingredients or labor intensive.