Forgotten how to smile

Petrolhead75
Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
Has anyone else spent so long avoiding being in a photograph, that now, after some quite considerable weight loss, find themselves happy to pose for a photo, but don't know how to smile and just end up looking gormless and or awkward, Probably just me, but I thought I'd ask, I have to get a dig in the ribs or be laughing before I can crack a smile.

Replies

• Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    I love that you used the word "gormless"! Just think of how far you've come and how fantastic you look, and that ought to make you smile.
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Totally me. I don't have a single picture of me with my boys since they were babies! :'(
    But now I was happy to pose for pictures on prom day, but my face was so weird until we started cracking jokes and then I was laughing in each pic.
    I'm only halfway done, can't imagine what I'll pose for when I'm all the way done! ;)
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    This is me also. Even when I'm happy I feel I just look weird smiling. And I even find it hard to really smile completely.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Honestly I don't smile because I have a jaw misalignment and it looks weird when I smile. The most I do is a grin. I legit hate when people tell me to smile...I AM! :scream:
  • edugan001
    edugan001 Posts: 36 Member
    practice taking selfies :smiley:
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Love that you now feel like you want to be in pics. That is truly inspiring! Hope you put up a profile pic on MFP! Congrats on your transformation!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    A tip from a famous actress (no not me): rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth, dip chin slightly downward and to your better side

From me: I know exactly what you mean but guess what? It's time to come out of hiding and release that beautiful smile to the world! Just think of how happy and proud you are of how much you've accomplished and let your happy smile light up the room!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!