Trouble with motivation

I can't seem to get myself motivated to actually do my workouts. I have great intentions, but no drive. How do I get it?

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Change it up to something you *want* to do. Something that fits with the larger goals you have in life.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Try a different type of workout like one that involves a class or a buddy.
  • JamieAlison9
    JamieAlison9 Posts: 9 Member
    YES, it has been proven that if you have a gym partner you are more likely to stick to the plan/routine and get to your target goal. However I have to mention that the most important thing is to make lifestyle changes to lose weight and keep it off for good. Diets don’t work nor does fad products and pills. Get yourself a weight loss buddy, that way you have no excuse to work out with him/her. Good luck :):):)
  • motiv8ed2motiv8
    motiv8ed2motiv8 Posts: 13 Member
    Start with little changes like eating habits or easy exercises and when you see your body begin to change that is what gives you the drive that you're looking for.
  • mollytb24
    mollytb24 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm in the exact same boat! I really want to lose the weight but I have zero motivation. At all. I'm watching what I eat but not exercising. Add me as a friend and maybe we can motivate each other, even if we don't live nearby
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    I find when I do something I enjoy I have an easier time sticking to it. I know it's only been 2 months now but I actually look forward to my time at the gym :) I love the bike and the changed I'm seeing
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    I do things i enjoy, and never punish myself by working too much or too often.