After dinner hunger

Options
I eat 5 times a day (3 meals and two snacks) and drink lots of water. After dinner, between 7:00 and 8:00 I get hungry again. Anything I can try to avoid this or tips on something I could snack on that would be alright to? Exercise wise I do an Insanity/P90X hybrid that I have been doing for awhile now. Given this info, what do you think? Need more info, let me know.

Thanks for any tips/help!

Replies

• uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    save a protein shake for after dinner! i did/ do p90x and that was my saving grace. plus your body recoups in sleep so why not give it some extra vitamins and nutrients to do so? I used muscle milk and would have my chocolate one at nite (keeps the fixes at bay!)
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Don't give in to food! You never want to snack after 6:00 because you won't burn it off. If you do get hungry, chew on some gum, ice or grab a mint. I hope that helps
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Eat something with a lot of fiber at dinner. Some high fiber veggies are spinach, mushrooms, and peppers. Or include a piece of high fiber bread or tortilla or something similar. Beans also generally have a good amount of fiber. Along with the water, that should keep you feeling fuller long after dinner.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Don't give in to food! You never want to snack after 6:00 because you won't burn it off. If you do get hungry, chew on some gum, ice or grab a mint. I hope that helps

myth.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I always have a snack after dinner because I have a lot of calories left over at night. It's never hurt me. Sometimes if I have a craving right before bed I'll just grab a chewable calcium supplement. I usually snack on whatever will give me the nutrients I still need for the day.
  • liz4fit
    liz4fit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look into a Casein protein (optimum nutrition is good) for before bed. I NEVER go hungry. I eat about 8 small meals a day. People need to stop thinking that if you eat after dinner then it's automatically turned to fat. If your body is hungry just choose wisely. Low carb, high protein and stay away from empty calories.
  • aabyrer
    aabyrer Posts: 57
    Options
    I say eat. If you are really hungry, not just thirsty, then why deprive your body of those needs? Grab a banana, an apple, or something small to satisfy your body. If you deprive it day after day, you will get tired of it and give up. Goodluck!
  • leslie4health
    leslie4health Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I eat the small popcorn bag that's 100 calories when I get the munchies after dinner. :smile:
  • marrtini
    marrtini Posts: 75
    Options
    I usually munch on some snap peas or something. It doesn't hurt to eat after 6, you just dont' want to carb load before you go to bed, thats all. I agree with the others about the protein shake, if you are hungry, you are likely missing something during the day. Just choose something that isn't too carb heavy. Good luck.
  • Jentrin03
    Jentrin03 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Agree, myth. Science has proven its okay to eat after dinner. Its what you eat and how much you eat thats important.
  • Pirate1974
    Pirate1974 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! I will definitely be stocking up on some things that I can have when needed. Appreciate the help!