At it again

Options
I started this a while back but my mother had cancer and it got so bad I had to move in with her and take care of her until she eventually passed away. Then it was depression and anxiety, so now I'm back and it's time to get serious! I really went downhill but I have 5 year old depending on me so now it's not just for weight loss but to be healthy too!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome back.
    My condolences for the loss of your mother. This a life changing event.
    I recommend you read MFP "Most Helpful Post" at the beginning of this message board
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a food scale with a tare button, weigh everything you eat, log it at MFP.
    If you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested) your body weight will decrease.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will support ya! I have kiddos to.think about and know where you're're coming from!
  • LizSmith55
    LizSmith55 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Me too...I'm in a similar scenario @Shellyrc1970 add me if you'd like...good luck!!
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss...feel free to add , stay strong
  • Raymil82
    Raymil82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Aww sorry for your loss. Keep your head up and push through! You can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome back.
    My condolences for the loss of your mother. This a life changing event.
    I recommend you read MFP "Most Helpful Post" at the beginning of this message board
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a food scale with a tare button, weigh everything you eat, log it at MFP.
    If you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested) your body weight will decrease.
    Good luck in your healthy journey

Great post. I second this.

The Helpful Posts have definitely helped me. I've read them and referred back to them and lost 80 lbs since April 2015.
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry to hear of losing your mother. That must of been so difficult. Your mother can be your inspiration to reaching your new goals. Also your 5 yr old is your focus and I understand when you get depression life is difficult. This is a new start and you will achieve your goals with help amd support from people on here.