When to stop using powder between fat rolls?

Options
Sorry to be so blunt, I hate this subject; back when I was in the beginning of my diet and already down 20 pounds, I had a day of lots of manual labor, and clearly sweating.. When I looked in the mirror after a shower I saw that on my c section "roll" there was a rash, so beat red that I had to be on steroid cream and antibiotics! I have no feeling down there, so I felt no pain or itching.. After it healed, a few days later the rash started slowly coming back, and I finally found zeasorb powder which totally cured it! Dermatologist told me to use it daily as a prevention
... It's been 8 months, and I'm down another 40 pounds and I see my stomach roll is clearly less than it was but still there, and I'm so freaked to stop using it and get a rash that I haven't had in almost a year, but one of my biggest motivations is to lose enough weight to not worry about using powder EVER!
Should I give it a shot or lose more than the 40 pounds I've lost since my last rash?

Replies

• MarriedToTheBob
    MarriedToTheBob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If there's no skin on skin touching then you should be fine. I use summers Eve powder because it smells good and is made out of corn starch and not talc. I get mine from my local Walmart.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't use corn starch if it's still yeasty... bad bad idea ^^

I would just keep the area dry and check on it often.
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    As long as one roll is over some skin use it. This is a common place to get infections like you had because it's a dark moist place in there! If you happen to get a sore that will set you back big time. Use it until your roll isn't touching the other part... if you get what I mean? Hard to describe. Great job on the weight loss though! :)
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd wait until summer is over with. My pooch is little now and I scratched the scar last night and made it bleed without realizing it since the scar doesn't have much feeling.