Callanetics anyone? Looking for support

kazr11
kazr11 Posts: 30 Member
I used to do the Callanetics video years ago (borrowed from my mum) and found it worked for me. 15 years on and 2 babies later (they are 6 and 4) it's time to see if it still works. I have 8 weeks until I go away for our 1st ever holiday in the sun with the kids. I am hoping I have not left it too late.

Anyone want to join me?

Happy to post my measurements now and at the 10 hour mark (I am following the 10 years younger in 10 hours programme). Going to aim for twice a week, 3 if I can fit it in.

Bought it from Amazon, looks dated but so hope it works!!!

Replies

• andreaveitch1
    andreaveitch1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi - I've just restarted doing Callanetics again. We're about to move to France in just over nine weeks so I'd really love some support to keep going with it.
  • stuart959
    stuart959 Posts: 33 Member
    I have been doing calisthenics on and off for several months and while Ive not lost a lot due to not managing my total intake well it has helped me build good functional strength. Feel free to add me Id like some people doing the same to keep in contact with.
  • cwrose01
    cwrose01 Posts: 4 Member
    Is this group still active? I love Callanetics, used to do it in the 80's and 90's. I've been out of it for quite some time due to illness, but I need to get back to it. Just wondering how it's going. :)
  • LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    I mix Callanetics (the workout from the original 1984 book) with my cardio and weightlifting. I try to do the full Callanetics program twice a week. I'm still struggling with the behind/hips routine but I'm getting there!