Food

Options
Hello everyone I know that this app is for weight loss but I wanted to ask that is there anyway to increase height after 21. Because I m 21 years old but my height is just 4'2. So if anyone can suggest me and even I m pure vegetarian so please do keep that mind. I will appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm aware. Once you have stopped growing and developing from child to teen to adult, your height isn't going to increase, so it's pretty likely that at 21 you wouldn't see much more growth.

Really though, this is a question for a medical expert: do you have a medical/genetic condition that impacts your height, and if so, is there any treatment that will make a difference at age 21?
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    oza_jaimi wrote: »
    Hello everyone I know that this app is for weight loss but I wanted to ask that is there anyway to increase height after 21. Because I m 21 years old but my height is just 4'2. So if anyone can suggest me and even I m pure vegetarian so please do keep that mind. I will appreciate your suggestions.
    Thank you
    Some people can grow till very late age, like 25 or more, in extreme cases. And some unfortunate people stop growing at age of 15 or even less. It depends from your genetics. No foods, exercise or any kind of stretching can change that to any noticeable level. Stretching your spine could give you about half an inch over time, which would not be noticeable at all so not really worth bothering in my opinion.

Once your growth plates close you are done. But like I said, at what age the growth plates will close depends from your genetics. You can go to doctor and get your growth plates tested. If they are still not closed then he could prescribe you some growth hormone injections. If they are closed than those won't do anything either. In that case your only option is surgery to increase the length of your legs. I forgot how it is called but it is basically done by breaking the bones in your legs again and again and pulling them apart so the gaps are closed in healing process. It's very long, painful and expensive process.

Other than that wear high heels, make sure you have good posture, wear your hair in a style that puts a lot of it at the top of your head and wear clothing that gives your body visual illusion of more high, like vertical lines for example.