Help!!!

Options
I officially started MFP 2 weeks ago and I haven't lost anything, I actually have gained. I'm set at 1200 calories and I have been doing strength training 3 times a week and cardio 30 minutes 5 times a week. I have tried to eat back us much exercise calories as possible. Anybody have any advice or info they could share? I'm feeling quite frustrated.

Thanks =)

Replies

• noveleigh
    noveleigh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself, it could be muscle replacing fat...?
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    When you start eating correctly and begin a new workout routine, there is often a bit of gain before the losing starts. I did the 30 Day Shred and I gained a little and then held steady there for about 3 weeks and then lost almost 5 pounds in final week. Make sure you are netting1200, not just eating 1200 before your workouts, because undereating CAN cause gains as well. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids.... If you're drinking enough and eating your NET 1200 daily, just give it another week or two and I bet it'll start dropping like crazy... Good luck! :)
  • lisastrom
    lisastrom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have set your goal loss per week at a reasonable goal. Sometimes people set their goal too high (calorie count too low) and then are disappointed when they don't lose. Make sure you set your goal to 1-1.5 lbs. loss per week and perhaps you'll get more than 1200 calories. Otherwise, keep working. It will come off.:happy:
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    Don't go into starvation mode!! Make sure you're eating ALL your calories...MFP does the calculations for you and there's no reason to under-eat!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You're overeating. I didn't mean to be so blunt, but if you're gaining weight, you're overeating. Everything must be logged, everything. Butter, sauces, oils, yes oils, and all those little extras. In addition, a food scale is a must. If you don't have one, buy one. I hope that you have several measuring cups too. Everything must be measured until you can understand what a portion size of this or a portion size of that looks like. Moreover, two weeks is only two weeks, and I'm not sure what you're thinking, but this isn't a get skinny fast way to lose weight. If you understand how the numbers work, measure your foods, and stick with this, you will be slim and trim, but it takes time.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    could it be that time of the month? are you drinking plenty of water?
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would love to see your food diary. Something is wrong if you are staying w/in your calorie range getting even a small amount more exercise than you got prior to your start (2 weeks ago). It makes me wonder if you are eating three meals a day and should eat more smaller meals. I personally do better when I have three meals and three snacks. I think it keeps my metabolism going. Does that make sense? I don't do well when I try to 'over do' Keep giving yourself fuel through the day.
    Do you think this a possibility for you?
  • melminski
    melminski Posts: 5
    Options
    One thing I have realized is that I have only been able to calculate calories burned doing cardio exercises, not the calories burned while working with my personal trainer. I have ordered HRM which should be in th is week. So that may be be the possibility that I'm not eating ALL my exercise calories. Thanks everyone for responding. I know it's going to be a lot of hard work. :smile:
  • nuts4steelers
    nuts4steelers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cut out the strength work out for now. Only do cardio (walk,run etc) at first. Maintain your calorie guide and then weight should begin to drop.