Macros?

Options
jvs125
jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
Hi!
It's been a while since I've been here!

I've been successfully changing my body in the past year. I started by logging everything here and started my weight loss. I eventually found it cumbersome to log everything and started using the 21 Day Fix portion control containers and had great success with it too.

In the past year, I went from 139lbs to 125lbs.

Now I'm stalled/gaining, but I'm not that worried about the gain since I'm actually seeing more definition and my body composition is improving.

Anyway I'm at the point where, I think the 21 Day Fix containers may not be precise enough to meet my goals anymore. I want to drop fat while maintaining muscle or maybe gain a little if that's possible for me.

I read a lot and from what I understand, I should aim for a moderate calorie deficit and shoot for certain macros.

My question is, how do you meal plan to hit those macros? Are there any meal planners out there that helps me hit my carb/fat/protein targets in grams?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you are following IIFYM or flexible dieting, you can just preplan your day to achieve your macros and modify the foods if you want. But I wouldn't get too wrapped up in hitting your macros precisely. Close is going to be good enough.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Can you let us know what your calorie goal is and what your macro goals are? Someone that gets super bored at work (ie me) may be able to give you some ideas. Or you could turn on your diary sharing. My diary is open, so you could also look at mine - I'm trying to lose a LOT of fat while keeping the muscle I'm getting, so my protein is set pretty high.

Add me, message me, I can do my best to help you out.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My protein is also very high while I try to lose to avoid losing muscle. I take in 176g protein. Some days I miss the mark *cough*yesterday*cough* but generally I hit my target.

Every meal has some kind of protein. My snacks are protein rich. Chicken, eggs, fish, beef, pork. Canned tuna is big, cottage cheese, milk, cheese, peanut butter, dark leafy veggies with protein content like broccoli. I also use a whey protein powder daily. It seems daunting until you've got it down a few times then it gets easier getting in that protein.