Haven't lost in 3 weeks! HELP!!

Options
I have been dieting and exercising since May 9. I've lost 18 lbs but nowhavent seen the scale move in 3 weeks! I've been eating 1200 calories, use a recumbent bike for 30-40 minutes going 6-7 miles at 12-14 mph 4X a week. I've been eating healthy, drink 32 oz+ water a day. I've just added weights to my routine this week and a resistance band. Can't seem to lose anymore. I started at 307lbs and now at 289. I have about 100 lbs to lose. What can I do to get the scale moving again??

Replies

• JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your calories or only eating 1200 per day? Are you using a scale to weigh your portions?
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Graphs are always better ;)
    297ed6d1829fbe5bf22e8d97be46a847.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    @thiosulfate I love lemonlionheart's flowchart but I stopped using it when I discovered it was hard to read on a smaller mobile device (the app/mobile site won't let you zoom). Surely a multitude of advice-giving techniques can coexist here without one of them having to be declared superior?

tl;dr Stop putting down my advice.
  • ldrechsel60
    ldrechsel60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess I forgot to mention I'm 55 years old. I'm not eating calories burned. I set a 1200 diet for myself and I have a fitness tracker that shows my calories burned and that I'm way under that daily number. 6 years ago I was on Herbalife with the 2 shakes/1 meal a day plan and lost 80lbs. I keep thinking I should go back on that for a few weeks and see if it helps jumpstart the weight loss.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    @thiosulfate I love lemonlionheart's flowchart but I stopped using it when I discovered it was hard to read on a smaller mobile device (the app/mobile site won't let you zoom). Surely a multitude of advice-giving techniques can coexist here without one of them having to be declared superior?

tl;dr Stop putting down my advice.

it was a joke, hence the winky face
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the frustration of plateaus. I hit my first one around where you are now. If you have just recently started doing strength training, keep that up and give it a bit more time. I think it will help. Make sure you're getting enough protein so your body can build muscle mass.
  • punkette78
    punkette78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could be just gaining muscle. You did say you've added weights right? Muscle weighs more than fat. I would get off the scale & use measurements.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Weight training tends to increase fluid retention due to muscle repairing itself. At 1200 calories, it's doubtful you're gaining any muscle (that requires additional calories, not fewer). Keep at it. Check everything. Weigh everything you eat. Don't trust package labels.