Trigger warning. Guys only!

Options

Replies

• meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    So don't give up biking. Get a better seat, adjust it correctly, try padded bike shorts Many men with penises bike without this problem.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    So don't give up biking. Get a better seat, adjust it correctly, try padded bike shorts Many men with penises bike without this problem.

About 900 miles logged so far this season without issue.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Well, maybe there's a feminist out there who understands.

Hi, feminist here.

"Trigger warning" is for things like rape, death, eating disorders, suicide, and so forth. "Trigger", fwiw, meaning they can trigger traumatic flashbacks, panic attacks, an urge to harm themselves, etc. They can be very individual and often unique to a certain person (I had a friend who was triggered by music from a particular band because their rapist played it all the time), but generally it's not appropriate to use "trigger warning" as a synonym for anything other than its intended meaning.

You don't post "trigger warning" for a penis. I appreciate your intent, but in the future it would be more appropriate to post something like, perhaps "NSFW" (I'm surprised my work computer didn't block this post due to it having mention of genitals) or "personal question" or something.

I guess I need a trigger Warning everytime I hear about baseball, husband/marriage, or sleep. My cousin was murdered in 2001 by her husband, in her sleep, with an Easton Baseball bat....

Oh wait... I'm not expecting everyone to cater to me and my feelings.

We're adults.... Act like it. Or stay in your safe space and off the Internet.

Hi, feminist here.

"Trigger warning" is for things like rape, death, eating disorders, suicide, and so forth. "Trigger", fwiw, meaning they can trigger traumatic flashbacks, panic attacks, an urge to harm themselves, etc. They can be very individual and often unique to a certain person (I had a friend who was triggered by music from a particular band because their rapist played it all the time), but generally it's not appropriate to use "trigger warning" as a synonym for anything other than its intended meaning.

You don't post "trigger warning" for a penis. I appreciate your intent, but in the future it would be more appropriate to post something like, perhaps "NSFW" (I'm surprised my work computer didn't block this post due to it having mention of genitals) or "personal question" or something.

I guess I need a trigger Warning everytime I hear about baseball, husband/marriage, or sleep. My cousin was murdered in 2001 by her husband, in her sleep, with an Easton Baseball bat....

If such things trigger traumatic flashbacks or a panic attack, it wouldn't be unreasonable for you to request one. To a request a trigger warning for something you find gross is petulant and childish, as well as missing the entire point of them existing. U2 reminds me of an uncle who committed suicide - but I would never request a trigger warning for posts related to them because, although a bit saddening, "A Beautiful Day" doesn't give me traumatic flashbacks or generate a panic attack. I'm hoping you can see the difference. I don't know what effect marriage, sleep, or baseball bats have on you in relation to the tragedy that occurred in your family, nor would I want to assume.

I don't get why wanting to be warned about potentially triggering material somehow translates to not being an adult. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always considered "being an adult' to entail being mindful of others and trying to avoid unnecessary harm when possible. I don't consider it cumbersome if someone says, "hey, I find ____ triggering, can you give me a heads-up if you're going to discuss it?"

Your aggressive stance is frankly confusing.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm just surprised that you can type the word penis without it being blocked. This opens up a whole new world of communication for me.

Huh. Maybe because it's a body part? I wonder if we can type vagina.

ETA: Yup we can.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks. Guess I'm done with the bike..

Have you been fit for the bike? Also, you should just try a different saddle where you're actually using your sit bones...and cycling shorts if you're not currently using them. All of that will make all the difference....

Avid cycling enthusiast here
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Have you been fit for the bike? Also, you should just try a different saddle where you're actually using your sit bones...and cycling shorts if you're not currently using them. All of that will make all the difference....

^^ this. These things should help quite a bit.

When bike training, focus on anchoring your sit bones to the saddle. This not only helps with power but should also provide a more comfortable experience.

Next post, we'll talk about cures for chafing! ;)
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »

When bike training, focus on anchoring your sit bones to the saddle. This not only helps with power but should also provide a more comfortable experience.

Body Glide, dude! I used it to help with inner thigh chub rub and it was amazing.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Hi, feminist here.

I lost my penis in 'Nam. This discussion triggers me.

Born-on-the-Fourth-of-July1.jpg
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Body Glide, dude! I used it to help with inner thigh chub rub and it was amazing.

this works for chafing, but it sounds like the nerve was pinched to me...
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    OP post a video or a picture
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    So, after I got done working out today (stretches, then cardio on the bike) I noticed that my penis felt like someone was grabbing it. Mostly at the tip. Has this happened to anyone? Years ago I used to workout 2 hours a day and this never happened. What do you think is going on?

Why hasn't anyone said the obvious yet?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

For cycling a chamois cream like Assos or Chamois Butt'r is going to work better than Body Glide
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

this works for chafing, but it sounds like the nerve was pinched to me...

I misunderstood - I saw the "cures for chafing" and was like OMG I KNOW JUST THE THING. Talk about jumping the gun :sweat_smile:
  • killdontmurder
    killdontmurder Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    And why is everyone so concerned about the title? I thought I was just having some respect for everyone by not putting "Ow, my

Hi, feminist here.

I'm so sorry. I'm just going to delete this thread. Here if you want to talk. Sorry, again.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    So, after I got done working out today (stretches, then cardio on the bike) I noticed that my penis felt like someone was grabbing it. Mostly at the tip. Has this happened to anyone? Years ago I used to workout 2 hours a day and this never happened. What do you think is going on?

Maybe there's a ghost on your bike seat.
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. no matter what you do or don't do, people will get butthurt about it.

Isn't that the truth....
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    If you're not circumcised, it could be due to tightness in your clothing, combined with the motion on a bike. My husband is not and sometimes complains of a pinching sensation if his underwear is too tight, especially with physical activity.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The mostly unisex saddles on indoor bikes are often awful and put pressure on your nerves - hence temporary loss of feeling or pins and needles.
    I use a really expensive indoor trainer in my gym but the saddle must have been designed by a man hater!

Cycle shorts are a man's best friend best friend.

Also get off the saddle every ten minutes or so with some standing cycling.