What is a good protein shake to drink for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• cloud1770
    cloud1770 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make mine up in baggies and freeze. Kale, spinach and fruit. Then when I'm ready to make it in the morning I dump it in the blender with a quarter cup of OJ, ice, and vanilla protein powder. Just tastes like fruit. Easy.
  • ringrosie
    ringrosie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Magnum quatro, vanilla or chocolate. The yummiest, smoothest, and only 140 calories, .5 grams of sugar. Great reviews online too :)
  • missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I mix my protein in with my morning smoothie. I do a banana, strawberries, ice and fitmiss vanilla chi protein powder. So yummy!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I use Orgain. I like the texture if I make a smoothie in the blender with a banana and soy milk, or mix it into some overnight oatmeal. If you just stir it into whatever liquid you want to use, it's awful.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake using 1 or 2 servings of liquid egg whites(protein), 1/2 frozen banana, cocoa powder, almond milk or water, ice and -other mixed fruit or pbII if desired- the amount of water will make it a shake or a protein bowl - I eat mine with a spoon like a frosty from Wendy's.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I use a protein powder in the AM sometimes, usually only on days that I "work out". It's just quicker and easier and saves me time, but I will usually just try to have 2 eggs to get my protein (I can get about the same protein for less calories with eggs over powder drink).

That said, I just use the Body Fortress chocolate powder from Wal-Mart. It's like $17.88 for a whole tub, and I'm cheap and not picky. I've never noticed it to be gritty, but I'm not the most discerning consumer, either. And like I said, I'm not picky.
  • VanaIbis
    VanaIbis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find that Optimum Nutrition blended with almond milk and a banana, blueberries or some other fruit is great. Very filling and appetizing.
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of drinking my foods - it makes me hungry.

As an alternative option which takes me under 4 mins to make in the morning I have 100g scrambled egg whites with spinach, mushroom, ham over a slice of white farmhouse toast, sprinkled with cheese and black pepper and a huge mug of coffee

27g protein for 275 calories
    (cartons of egg white, frozen spinach, sliced honey roast ham and pre-grated mature cheddar cheese)

This actually sounds delicious and I loathe eggs.