Need help

Options
I weigh 165 lbs and I am 5'3..I am 6 months postpartum. .I want to lose weight very badly..my mother in law always makes hurtful comments about my weight and compares me to other daughter in law who lost weight very quickly after delivery..I work a very stressful job and with a 6 month old was not able to make time for exercise . .I keep my diet in control.. but when I have a bad day at work I eat way over my calories ..I really want to lose weight and reach my goal weight of 135 in 6 months as I want to look good in my baby first birthday pics..I'm feeling disheartened that I may never be able to lose weight. .I need some advise..TIA

Replies

• kroger775
    kroger775 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to my last May at first the weight was falling off cuz I was just never hungry. But now I have put all the weight I lost back on and I was already heavy before I got pregnant. I now weigh 234lbs at 5'7. I'm a home body and don't do very much. My daughter just started walking so I'm hoping I will start getting outside more and just walking around the block to start. Today is my first day on this jurney and I am feeling the same way you are about feeling very dishearten about if I will be able to loose the weight I want and to start feeling better about myself. But I think we both can do this! Our little ones will see us happier and healthier and the happier and healthier we are the happier they are ☺️ good luck on your journey!
  • promise2lose
    promise2lose Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    He supports me..he told me not to pay attention to MIL comments and told me to lose weight at my own pace if that's what I want to do. .
  • nostalgicmeadow
    nostalgicmeadow Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Focus on building muscle, there are plenty of work outs on-line to get you started. When you get stronger and focus on you, everything falls into place like mental, emotional, and physical health. It would be easy to work out when baby is napping so follow a schedule for exercise & nutrition. I myself started out obese, and decided to do something about my unhealthy physique after my son was born but now that l have gained strength in the gym my confidence has skyrocketed. Good luck!
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with the idea that your husband should be able to step up and tell his mom to back off. You on the other hand are in charge of what you can change. So try one small thing. If you have a stressful day and want to binge, go for a walk instead. Walk until the urge passes. Sometimes that will only be after a few minutes. Give it a try. You will do what is important to you.
  • jahillegas_51
    jahillegas_51 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for some nutrition advice or motivation? If it is motivation, it seems like you have found that with trying to look your best in six months for those baby pictures. Also, this comes from a dark place, but anytime someone doubts me, I hold that pain in my heart as motivation because I like you say f*** you, look at what I accomplished. Just being real.

We are family and got your back. Let me know if I can help you with nutrition.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the comments from your MIL. Ignore those. Yes, your husband should tell her something, but frankly, I'd do it myself. I don't care what the relation is. If you're rude and offend me you will be told so.

First thing, focus on finding your proper calorie intake for the day and stick with it. Don't worry about a structured workout right now. Diet / nutrition first. As that improves you'll have more energy. Then more you move the more energy you have. Put the baby in a stroller and go for a walk.

Also, your screen name "promise2lose" - make sure that promise is to yourself and no one else. Be patient and be consistent.
  • suzieprstn199
    suzieprstn199 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize with what you are going through with your MIL, mine made some incredibly hurtful comments to me after our son was born. It's a difficult situation cos she is the grandmother of your child and saying anything could possibly turn into a huge family feud. It's why I never said anything. Focus on the fact that your husband supports you and do this for you, not for her. Plus who cares about her other daughter in law? Sod her! (Sorry). You can and you will do this.