This is my first time

Options
1. Being a part of a real online community
2. Telling anyone outside my family about my weight loss plans
3. Being completely honest with myself (I need help!)

I'm 5'5" and I currently weigh 172.2 pounds. The reason I'm finally committing to this journey (I've been on and off diets since I was probably 14) is because I'm almost tipping over into the obese category. Frankly, that scares me. A LOT. I'm only 19 and I'm struggling to stay healthy.

My next goal weight is 160. I'm hoping to get to 150 by the end of summer. It's ambitious, but the good news is my mom says she'll buy me a tattoo if I do it. That's a great motivator for me.

I'm on day two of actual success. The first 3 weeks of this road have been disappointing, tedious, and suspiciously like a roller coaster. I hope that joining this community will give me the strength I need for the long haul. To me, that's the only option left. There's no such thing as failure.

Best of luck to you all, and I can't wait to get to know you,
Madeline

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    It's a journey - hopefully you have some good advice leading you currently. Education about this 'new' adventure is key. There are no 'quick' fixes that work long term. It's all about a new approach to how you life your life and it certainly doesn't happen overnight - as you are finding out:)
    But remember...'slow and steady wins the race'!

Welcome! There are SO many support awesome people on this site:))

Good luck to you!

dfefcbce-1f9a-48f3-86ee-4f9681fbbfb8_zpsldvqtwd3.jpg
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your support, guys!
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. You got this!
  • Allifitnow
    Allifitnow Posts: 2 Member