Low sodium recipies

tigerchick8613
tigerchick8613 Posts: 10 Member
Where can I find recipes with not so much sodium ? I am having a problem with too much sodium and I retain water hence I have gained weight
Jessica

Replies

• BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Look them up online. I did just yesterday. Needed a low sodium salad dressing and found one! I ran out for greek yogurt, buttermilk, mustard, balsamic vinegar and some Feta cheese.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    I have found some good advice and recipes at the websites dontsalt.blogspot.com/ and sodiumgirl.com/

This was delicious! lowsodiumblog.com/2012/07/sues-greek-roast-lemon-chicken-kota-lemonato/

Some of the things I have made. Low sodium Italian sausage, salt free seasonings, etc. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/p/low-sodium-recipes.html
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Packaged, canned, and prepared food from the grocery store have lots of salt.
    So do condiments like Sriracha sauce, mustard, mayo, ketchup. Cheese also tends to have lots of salt.
    Cook two meals this week from home -- For example pasta and meatballs with salt free tomato salt, or pork chops with stir fried veggies, or hamburgers with salad.
    Go to Pinterest.com to make an account.
  • blankmixtape
    blankmixtape Posts: 2 Member
    I don't know any recipes off hand, I just on google or pinterest and search for whatever I'm interested in making at the time. But even using regular recipes you can tweak them to have lower sodium, if the recipe calls for stock for instance get the no added salt kind. Same with canned tomatoes, beans etc. Look at labels and pick stuff that has lowest sodium.
  • tigerchick8613
    tigerchick8613 Posts: 10 Member
    I already have a pinterest and yesterday I search there and some other sites and I was able to pin the recipes to pinterest. one I really liked was turkey sloppy joes.