Saturday morning breakfast!!

Options
noely1974
noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
Ok sat am , plenty of time on my hands , who can recommend a really good breaky that will set me up for the day!!

Replies

• MellowYellowGem
    MellowYellowGem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    poached eggs, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and a couple of sausages if you fancy em! I have that on a Sunday & sets me me up for the day without being highly calorific & fatty! :smile:
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    A good plate of rolled oats porridge with milk.....
  • mum2littledove
    mum2littledove Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had 2 slices of wholemeal toast before doing a pre-breakfast run. The run was followed by a bowl of porridge made with 1/3 skimmed milk/ 2/3 water - to this I added some acacia honey, fresh raspberries and fresh blueberries. I also had a red delicious apple and some freshly brewed coffee.

I think that's a fairly healthy, quick to make, fragrant & satisfying breakfast, but not much good if you don't like fruit!
  • noely1974
    noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thank you all poached eggs and wholemeal toast wins!!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I had a mix of cornflakes and muesli with semi skimmed milk, a chopped banana on top and an organic natural yoghurt pot over that, dusted with cinnamon. Soooooooo tasty!!!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Omlets are always good, Home made breakfast buritto, Potato pancakes. No i don't recommend oatmeal lol. It's the most bland tasting breakfast food there is ;).