Anybody else SKIP?

Options
Like legit skipping, not jump rope skipping. I'm talking ease on down the yellow brick road, flamboyant SKIPPING. Honestly, I prefer it to jogging/running. And if you mix it up with walking you got yourself a bonafide interval program, bish. Ahem. My only problem is being self conscious about looking like a fool while I do it, but I'm trying not to give a crap. Thoughts? ^_^

Replies

• Savannahmiamaddie
    Savannahmiamaddie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun. It's never occurred to me that skipping would be good exercise but it makes sense. I wonder what my neighbors will think when they see me skipping down the road. I'm 64, they'll probably think that I'm a crazy ole' lady!
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Only by myself, in private, after looking both ways......
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Prancercize!? Hmmmm. YEAH, kinda, but what I mean is more um, intense? I'm really just referring to skipping that you associate with childhood. Course, you could put ANY spin/rhythm to it, and do it at any pace. I skip to music so I naturally move to the beat/cadence of the song.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No.

I do work with kids though. And sometimes we kind of skip.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I <3 Prancercise! I was hoping someone would post as soon as I saw the word skip!
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    There is a young, fit guy at my gym who skips in place between each set he does. It's super bizarre, and also kind of adorable. I say go for it. Skipping is fun!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Let them stare. They'll be jealous they're not doing it!
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I didn't think of that but it sounds super fun! Thanks for the idea op!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've recently wondered about this, but I'm very unsteady on my feet. Dizzy. Ditzy. Wobbly. I wonder if it would work or if I'd just end up on the ground!
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What you really need to do while skipping is have a really creepy huge smile on, then people will be more worried about you maybe being a psycho killer and wont look at you lol. Then do it proud!
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You mean Prancercise??

I love that old lady, she scares me tho, she looks so tiny and frail like shes either going to get blown away or break something any minute lol.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do "Power Skipping" or "Bounding" for lack of better term on the treadmill during what I like to call "Treadmill Chaos Intervals". These really get my heart rate up!
  • jmaidan
    jmaidan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I skip leg day?
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    OMG the camel toe in that video.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »
    OMG the camel toe in that video.

She makes a bit of fun about it in her second video!

• ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There is a young, fit guy at my gym who skips in place between each set he does. It's super bizarre, and also kind of adorable. I say go for it. Skipping is fun!

Hm...*strokes chin*

You know what, that IS adorable. Where is this young man located? LOL, just kidding. (but, nah, lemme get a notebook and pen :3:wink: )