I need to find new foods to eat. Any suggestions?

Options
blopmiyers
blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
All I really eat is Chicken,turkey,peanut butter,bread,fruits and veggies,cereal,tuna and smoothies. I've been eating the same stuff for about 2 months now and need to find new stuff to eat that's healthy and satiating

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to foods are: String cheese, eggs, beef, pasta, black beans, Greek yogurt, hummus, bacon, oatmeal, protein bars, about a dozen different condiments, salsa, nuts, pancake mix
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    Some of my go-to foods are: String cheese, eggs, beef, pasta, black beans, Greek yogurt, hummus, bacon, oatmeal, protein bars, about a dozen different condiments, salsa, nuts, pancake mix

Ooo pancakes! Forgot those were a thing aha. Thanks for the suggestions!
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Check out skinnytaste.com for ideas - lots of low(er)-cal recipes that are still yummy. I've found a few new favorites there :)

~Lyssa
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    blopmiyers wrote: »
    All I really eat is Chicken,turkey
    Lean beef, pork, ham, tofu. Try a whole roast and thin slice the leftovers to use through the week.

Get a variety of canned sauces (Chinese, East Indian, Moroccan, Mexican, Italian) to change up your menu.
    peanut butter
    hummus, black bean paste with lemon zest, laughing cow wedges
    ,bread,
    buns, wraps, rice, potatoes, pasta
    fruits and veggies
    I find it hard to believe you've burned through all the fruit and veggie options. Try challenging yourself with a fruit and veggie you've never tried a couple times a week. Try frozen. Google a recipe.
    cereal
    Oatmeal flake and steel cut, muesli, stirred in with yogurt and honey, overnight, chia

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Do you ever just spend time slowly walking up and down the aisles at the grocery store, reading nutrition labels? Now that I type it, it does sound kind of weird. But I've tried new things because of it. And google.
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Do you ever just spend time slowly walking up and down the aisles at the grocery store, reading nutrition labels? Now that I type it, it does sound kind of weird. But I've tried new things because of it. And google.

Yeah I do actually. Especially in the health isle :p
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    All I really eat is Chicken,turkey,peanut butter,bread,fruits and veggies,cereal,tuna and smoothies. I've been eating the same stuff for about 2 months now and need to find new stuff to eat that's healthy and satiating

Eggs, beef, pork, cheese, beans, lentils, pasta, rice, oatmeal, nuts, Greek yogurt, granola bars, hummus, popcorn, pretzels, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles

I post recipes and my monthly meal plan on my blog. https://lounmoun.wordpress.com/

I find food ideas on Pinterest a lot.
    http://www.budgetbytes.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com
    http://www.allrecipes.com
    http://www.ohsheglows.com
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm hearing good things about kale. People say it's super!
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I make different egg white omelettes. Currently I'm on a pizza omelette kick... start cooking egg whites in non-stick pan, add turkey pepperoni and any veggies and you like on pizza (for me green pepper and mushroom) and salt and pepper, sprinkle with cheese (for me light tex mex and shredded parmesan), dip in pizza sauce or spread on top. Also greek yogurt with cocoa powder and stevia mixed in or PB2 mixed in is a staple snack for me. Mixture of oatmeal, quinoa flakes, chia and flavoured protein powder mixed with water and cooked.
    Meat-wise I find pork tenderloin as a nice alternative to chicken and turkey, also like chicken and turkey sausages. I love fish I just find it a pain-in-the-butt to cook bc my husband doesn't eat it. I usually just buy frozen pre-cooked black tiger shrimp and then quickly sauté them in a pan with some chopped garlic... really easy, really low cal. Goes well with spinach or arugula. Sometimes I throw some bruschetta mixture in the pan too, or just on the top when finished, or fresh pico di galo.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Yeah I do actually. Especially in the health isle :p

Pick up some new things then!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options

I've been eating the same stuff for almost 4 months and will continue to eat the same stuff for another 2. Doesn't bother me a bit, I call it "Effective Eating". I've lost almost 50lbs in the 4 months.
  • Tundru
    Tundru Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    if you want new foods make them.. BBC good food is a nice place.when you change just stay away from the processed stuff, tins etc
  • ilikegardens
    ilikegardens Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Last week I made a pineapple, spinach, orange, lime, and mint smoothie I found online. So refreshing! I was a little surprised since all other green smoothies I ever made were gross...
    Use spices, I marinate chicken drumstick and thighs in olive oil, cumin (lots), salt, garlic powder, chilli powder (not always) for 30-60 minutes. Then grill. Yum, I eat the skin since it has so much flavor (an indulgence).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Stir-fry. Rotate and substitute veg variety and you'll get satiety from the many veg in it.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Www.dashingdish.com
    Www.emilybites.com
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Roasted Brussel Sprouts with sausage
    Angel hair pasta with sauce and turkey meatballs
    Pork tenderloin with Hoisin sauce
    Egg salad in a pita

Check out Penzy's Spices. It is amazing how different a meal can be with different spices. My favorite blends: Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave., Berbere, Bonne Herbes, Northwest Seasoning -- all radically different from each other.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Here's a vegie I NEVER read or hear about: fennel. It will knock your socks off!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Go to your local grocery stores and markets and wander the aisles. Look at everything carefully. Read labels. You never know what you'll find. :)

I do this all the time.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you cook OP? I would spend time browsing for some new recipes, whether or not they incorporate new ingredients. Skinny Taste, Cooking Light, even just getting pulled into the Pinterest rabbit hole will yield thousands of new ideas for you...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

That's actually how I always grocery shop, unless I am buying stuff that I already have memorized. :smiley: