Meal delivery service (cook at home)

Has anyone had any success with meal delivery services such as Blue Apron, HelloFresh, etc.? I am thinking of trying it since they all seem to have specials for your first week (just me and husband). Which ones are better?

Replies

• Kobz27
    Kobz27 Posts: 64 Member
    I had blue apron. It was good. No problems, and if there was an issue they made it right. Portions are a little small IMO. You pay for the convenience
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    If you can afford it, go for it. Keep track of your costs. Be a smart shopper.
  • Brrrite
    Brrrite Posts: 14 Member
    I tried Marley Spoon. It was given to me as a gift and it was delicious, fun, and the portions were quite large (for 2 people). It's so exciting to open the box!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    I've done really well with HelloFresh and really enjoyed it. Portions are generous, I've liked almost everything, and I've become more confident with my own cooking skills. I'm a single person so it works out great for me to have half for dinner and half leftover for lunch, or sometimes I freeze the other half.

Some of their meals are higher calories but now you can choose a category called "fit" and they will suggest meals that are geared toward that. But you can also choose from a selection of 6 each week.

My real concern with it is waste with the packaging and especially the ice packs. I keep stopping and starting because of that issue. I wish the ice packs were recyclable (I mean, you can use them again, but who can use that many?).
  • katandwaves
    katandwaves Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks everyone :)