Feeding your soul - has anyone ever told you this?

Options
Has anyone ever offered you extra food or taken more food than usual for him or herself because you or they were doing some kind of praying or religious work and you "got to feed the soul like you feed thr body"?

Replies

• JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    Has anyone ever offered you extra food or taken more food than usual for him or herself because you or they were doing some kind of praying or religious work and you "got to feed the soul like you feed thr body"?

Can't say I've ever heard that. Is it a thing where you live?
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that practice.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Partial day fasting as a mental discipline is more familiar to me in that kind of scenario than taking extra food.

I find I need a lot less food when I am doing intensive work of that sort (likely because I am not as physically active).
  • SassyMommasaurus
    SassyMommasaurus Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nut job.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that. I have known people who fasted for religious reasons.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,994 Member
    Options

No ... can't say I have.

The only time I've heard the expression "feeding the soul" is in the context of sitting and watching a beautiful sunset, or going for a hike and stopping to watch various wildlife, or going to a choir performance or things like that. Nothing to do with food ... everything to do with slowing down and enjoying nature or something wonderful in the arts.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Never had anyone say that kind of thing to me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that. Sounds like an excuse to snag an extra donut to me...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Only time I've heard of it was in reference to nourishing the body, not as an excuse to over eat.