Need Support

Options
AlliGorey
AlliGorey Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I'm a 218lb 5' 5" female. I've really let myself go. I yo yo diet and always end up heavier than before. I need a support group. I need someone to talk to this time. I need help. I've tried on my own countless times and I do well for a couple of months and then I break. I break one day and I break for months. I don't know how to make myself get back on. I need a change. I've never talked to anyone else about my weight loss besides my husband. He however doesn't care because he likes the plus size me. I however want to be healthy. I don't want to run out of breath easily. I want to feel beautiful again. I want to be able to play with my daughter more. I'm 27 and I should not be unable to chase after my daughter in the park and run out of breath so easily. I want and need people to talk too and help push me along and I'm trying it through this app. Thank you in advance. I'm just trying to find something different and maybe it'll be the change that I need. I can't not try. Thanks again.

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i was in a similar situation and back in january i decided it was time. I went to low carb eating. I have lost 70 pounds in 5 months. I have not been hungry and have had very few cravings. I dont do cheat days but i have had some cheat snacks from time to time. check it out. a good place is dietdoctor.com
  • stephaniermayes
    stephaniermayes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You've taken the first step by joining up and admitting you need help.
    I've printed out motivational quotes and stuck them.... Well... Everywhere! As I forget that I'm making a change to my lifestyle and need visual assistance.

Take one day at a time. Don't get disheartened if you slip up, just keep going.

And most importantly, if you need us, we're all here for you xxxxx
  • AlliGorey
    Options
    Thank you! I can do this and I have an unlimited supply of health and fitness knowledge from people in this community. Thank you guys! Your comments have me all psyched up now. I can do this, we can all do this! On another positive note I stayed under my calorie goal and worked out for the first time in at least a year...at least. Baby steps but I'm on my way!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Waaaallll, you already have a problem, then. You wrote that "I want to feel beautiful again." If that is a photo of you up there, you are already beautiful -- you are just wanting to be MORE beautiful. :smile: And furthermore, yes, you can do this. It looks like I've been here for awhile, but in reality, I am new. It's just that I joined then decided that this site wasn't working for me and quit using it. Now, I have made it more personal, and it's working better each day.
    I have already lost the weight, but I'm back to take care of my diet with regard to diabetes, which I denied for years. If I may give you my opinion about the weight loss, it's worth it. I may be 50 years older than you, but I cannot even tell you how happy I am with my "new" body. I used up 55 years being overweight and trying not to care then dropped 124 lbs. I am glad I did it, but why didn't I do it when I was young? What a waste to have waited. I could have been young, middle aged, and older while thin, but I waited until I could only enjoy old and thin. Don't do that to you, gorgeous you! While it warmed my heart to read how supportive your husband is to you as you are (so refreshing!), you two could enjoy so much more life -- you and your child -- without carrying both the weight and the consternation over the weight.
    You can DO this! But you already know YOU CAN! :smiley:
  • staindgal
    staindgal Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the motivation and the tools, you're on the path to becoming more healthy for YOU! Congratulations and Welcome!

I only just started on June 1st, and so far everything is moving along smoothly! I have decided the thing I did wrong in the past when I tried to lose weight was that I created rules for things I could NOT eat and enjoy anymore, and that never worked for me! It was like saying, "Whatever you do, don't push that shiny red button!" Now I am focusing more on learning moderation and general lifestyle changes!

I have a LOT more weight to lose than you, but I've already lost just over 20 pounds in the 3+ weeks since I've started watching what I eat! We've got this!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I can do this and I have an unlimited supply of health and fitness knowledge from people in this community. Thank you guys! Your comments have me all psyched up now. I can do this, we can all do this! On another positive note I stayed under my calorie goal and worked out for the first time in at least a year...at least. Baby steps but I'm on my way!

Great to hear all this!

Yes, this community is amazingly educational and inspiring!

Reading the General Weight Loss forum and its Helpful Posts have helped me lose 80 lbs since April 2015 and reach my goal weight in April 2016.

I've made loads of friends and fallen in love with exercise with the boost I get from MFP and its community.

I think you'll do well. Keep being honest with yourself and your logging, and make logging a daily habit. It's just a couple of minutes less scrolling on Facebook!
  • Mennash_2195
    Mennash_2195 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hii :) i'm new here and would also love some support.. you can do it!!
    It's a long journey and it's best taken one step at a time. Do it for you. <3
    Everyone is welcome to add me :)
    Have a nice day! :))
  • AlliGorey
    Options
    Gosh I love this community so much already! Just reading all of the positive and supportive posts is making me feel even better today. You are all so encouraging and your words are so kind. Thank you everyone! We can all do this together! I just put up a post thinking it was worth a shot at least not really thinking anyone would respond. I'm glad I did and as a result I have friends on this app now as well. Hardly anyone I actually know personally has this app and are trying to change their lifestyles. Also another positive note, I've worked out a little every day this week and I'm feeling good.
  • rkw128
    rkw128 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can relate...go ahead and add me because I too am trying to stop the yo yo
  • running_in_tiaras
    running_in_tiaras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have very similar stats as you. I'm 5'5 SW 230 CW 221. I am 31 married with 2 young kids. I struggle with the motivation part. My husband is great too and doesn't care what I weigh but he does want me healthy. For the last two years I have been wanting to lose weight, I just wasn't motivated enough to make it happen. I feel that I am finally in a place where I am making it a priority. I am still trying to figure out the best way for me to lose weight and I go back and forth all the time. I think I finally landed on counting calories, avoiding soda and desserts, and running. I'm sure as I go through this process I will change it up a bit, but for now it's a good start. I sent a friend request, please feel free to accept it if you'd like. Your story really touched me because of all the similarities we have in common. I also don't have anyone but my husband to talk to about it too.