Feeling low

Options
I have been tracking my calories all throughout the day, including condiments, and making sure to measure and weigh my food. I will feel great throughout the day and am super on-track with my caloric goals.

But then... the late night munchies kick in. Last night I had a bowl of cereal and two cookies! I wrecked my whole day.

I feel terrible. This has been happening almost every night.

I need support :(

Replies

• AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Make sticky notes and put them everywhere in the pantry you may end up late night, reminding yourself why you shouldn't.

Find that deep down motivator that overcomes all urges, we all have one right? Right now for me it is my low self esteem and vanity that is driving me, find yours!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Get the cookies out of the house. Pre-log a late night snack. Or keep the cookies in, and pre-log one.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    We all have our times of day where we struggle. One night is not going to cause too much damage.
    Night time is hard for me as well.
    Try to have extra calories left for this time so you can have a late night snack. I've been pre logging at night to make sure I can fit in a late night snack and it really helps.

Are you actually hungry when you're eating? Or are you bored? Is there something else you can do? Can you eat something healthier?

There are nights when I just have to put myself to bed so I won't eat anything else.

It's ok, we all go through this. Planning will help.

• RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hemlock, that is in the past now. Today's truly a new day.
    I wonder if you could consider actually setting yourself up for success? Like what if you prepared baggies of healthier foods? Like a baggie of baby carrots or carrot discs? What about dill pickle spears? What about a favorite low-cal drink? What if you cooked turkey bacon bits until they're crispy and kept them in the 'fridge? What about baggies of your favorite crackers, but set up so that there's only one serving in each baggie?

I recently discovered my present go-to food: zucchini disks literally take seconds to cook, and they're wonderful seasoned with garlic and onion powder with herbs.

You don't have to give up. You are worth way more than that.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had to find a hobby I now crochet and don't want to mess up my yarn! I also don't buy cookies I now have lara bars. I eat either from boredom or emotions.
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Still have a snack, just make it healthier.
    Habits are hard to break not impossible , definitely hard.
    Carrots and hummus, celery and peanut butter ( go easy on the peanut butter) .
    Make the cereal a Bircher with fruit, cookies a protein bar or ball.
  • deedoe83
    deedoe83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I wrote notes on the ice cream and cookie jar "not the answer to your problems" hahaha! It helps a bit. Keep trying I think it gets easier.