New to Myfitnesspal

Options
Good morning everyone, My name is Janet and I am fairly new to my fitness pal. I am 61-yrs old and am trying to loose a few lbs to make my cardiologist happy. And, change my diet, exercise more etc.etc.etc. I walk my dog, Daisy almost every morning about 1/2 an hour, and have aquatherapy about twice a week for now and am taking a nutrition class at our local hospital. All in the name of Wellness and Fitness. But, it gets harder as it gets older like everything else it seems. I decided to join the message board for ideas, opinions and confidence. So far I've lost about 5-lbs in about 3 weeks. Slow progress. But anyway, good luck everyone and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Janet

Replies

• NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet welcome! I am new to MFP also and love having the message boards. I'm 55 and am struggling with the weight gain and the difficulties of getting it off. Friend me if you'd like :) 5lbs down is great...slow and steady is the way to go! Have a Happy Saturday!
  • haney1722
    haney1722 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet and Nancy, feel free to add me as well! I'm 52 and struggling with the menopausal weight gain that has crept on over the years. Long gone are the days I could drop 10 lbs in a week... Today is Day 1 of a new journey I call Granny's Getting Fit, I have 3 grandkids to keep up with!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi Janet! Welcome! Congrats on the 5 pounds!
  • the_fit_geek
    the_fit_geek Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    First off Janet.. progress is progress. A loss is still a loss. 5lbs is awesome! You go girl!

As for tips. Exercise is just moving. Anyone can do it. You don't need to run or join a crossfit boot camp class. (Unless you want too lol). Just move. Walk. Garden. Bending. Steehcing. Chair exercises... like chair crunches or chair sit up. Chair leg lifts. Chair yoga. You're only old as you feel. You can do anything. I believe in you. Add me if you want. Im always around here. Good luck!