Back again...

Options
Well, I've been on MFP for over 3 years but do to some addiction challenges that sent me shoplifting (I'm not particularly proud of this but it is what it is and part of Celebrate Recovery~a Christian based 12 step program~is to accept it, face it, fight it, move forward in faith), I went to jail for 9 months. I just got out June 9th, 2016. I found MFP helpful in the past and want to use it again. I'm praying I'll find some people who will join me on this new journey.

In addition to finding a passion for the Lord while being incarcerated, I found a passion for Yoga. I lost 65-70 pounds in there and want to continue on my faith and fitness path. I had lost a bunch of weight 4 years ago, even did a sprint triathlon but a car accident derailed me, gave me 5 herniated discs and after 2 neck surgeries I gained a lot of it back the weight back.

Ironically, going to jail may have saved my life~physically and spiritually. I'm 53 years old and have suffered from lupus for 23 years, been fighting hypertension, high cholesterol, and other health issues but today I've lost all that weight in there, my cholesterol is low, BP normal, lupus in remission, and with the yoga my neck pain is better.

I'm putting this all out there because I lived in shame and fear from the time I was first arrested till the time I was sentenced. I contemplated suicide many times as an alternative but thank God I didn't. I want to move forward and perhaps find some fitness friends who will look passed my past and join me on this exciting future I want. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart Proverbs~3:5

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thank you Liz!!
  • hlc302
    hlc302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow youve been through some tough times my friend , hats of to you for sticking it out , i also know the pain of spine surgery & M.E (similar symptoms to lupus ) so know how hard it is to stay on track ,im back on here today also after a tough few months , good luck to us !