My stubborn last 5 pounds

Hi guys! I've been exercising and eating healthy all my life and before 25 I had no problem with my weight. After 25 I noticed that I started to put on some pounds and I decided to do some portion control. I followed exactly what my fitnesspal recomended me and I manage to loose 5 pounds out of my goal of 10. However now, I'm kind of stuck in here with this 5 pounds left to loose for a few weeks. Any adivice??? Thanks!

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2016
    You can do like I'm doing right now, manipulate your sodium/water intake for 2 weeks to draw out all that excess subcutaneous water. It may only be temporary but it will get you there. Start by increasing your sodium intake to 3-4g/day while drinking your normal amount of water. Do this for 7 days. On Day 8 cut the sodium down to less than 2g and double your water consumption. Day 9 decrease sodium to less than 1g continuing double water. Day 10 & 11 is 600mg or less of sodium, still double water. Day 12 is 500mg of sodium and decrease water to 1/2 your normal intake. Day 13 is as little sodium as possible and only 20oz of water. Day 14 - your done. You should see at least a 5lb drop in weight but like I said, it 's only temporary for the most part. oh yeah..and be prepared to go to the bathroom alot!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Reevaluate what you're eating, make a small adjustment. That what you most likely need, since you're probably eating at maintenance and that's why it stalled a little.
  • MadalinaPetre
    MadalinaPetre Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for the answers guys! I will give it another month to see how it goes! To manipulate the sodium intake for 2 weeks seems very complicated business
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the answers guys! I will give it another month to see how it goes! To manipulate the sodium intake for 2 weeks seems very complicated business

Not really..it's a little daunting at first but I've been doing it several years now and I can attest it works. It's a bodybuilding pre-contest trick the competitors use.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Try decreasing your calories by 200 for 2-3 weeks and see if that helps.
  • MadalinaPetre
    MadalinaPetre Posts: 5 Member
    Bxqtie116, my calorie intake is already very low, 1200, I'm afraid it's going to be unhealthy