Has anyone been able to stop the gaining and losing the same

Options
I have been gaining and losing the same 4 pounds for about two months now, and it is driving me nuts. I have increased cardio, decreased cardio, used weights, ate more calories for a few days and cut back, cut back sodium, drank more water, decreased carbs uppsed protein, but nothing has worked. I can never get below 199. And when I do get there the next day or so i gain like the same 4 pounds back urg
Did anyone stop this cycle successfully?
2182991.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• mamaboobear
    Options
    bumping because im curious to see what others say, sorry no help! :(
  • theresabell67
    theresabell67 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Interested in what others have to say.
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    sometimes when you gain and lose the same amount of pounds this doesnt necessary mean that you are gaining it, sometimes you don't lose weight in lbs, but instead you might be either losing inches or replacing fat with muscle.. don't worry about this concern, just keep doing what your doing, and you'll be alright.. make sure you are drinking your 8-16 glasses of water this helps rinse out your body as well.

Hope this helps :)
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    also bumping
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It's a plateau....I've just started zigzagging my calories, only 2 days in so don't know the results yet, there is a website "freediet" that calculates it for you, it's supposed to shock your body and help move the scales
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    I've heard that you might need to up your calories by 10% for a week to give the body a jumpstart... Otherwise, I'm not sure if you are doing this or not, but try something for 2 or 3 weeks and see a change instead of trying something different every week... I haven't had this prob, so I'm just repeating what I've heard others say... also, measure... don't just rely on the scale. If I only relied on the scale, I'd have given up. hope it helps...
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. I think our bodies may be retaining water due to the heat....Or maybe I am just grasping straws!~
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have lost inches though since May 14th I went from a 39 inch waist to a 37 inch waist and an inch off my hips, and I only drink water and unsweetened green tea so that for sure is not my problem. I also changed my workout routine, and changed it again this week and added running intervals to it

2182991.png
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did the same at the exact same weight, dare i say i think mine was. Mental i finally decided to just relax about that milestone and probably went down 3 the next time i weighted. If you're doing everything right just relax and let your body react. To your hard work it will!! Good luck!!
  • earthboundsc
    earthboundsc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing recently. Not sure what I did differently but I'm sticking to the same amount of calories and have increased my protein and cardio. It took about 3 weeks before I broke through the plateau but now I'm dropping 1.5 pounds every 4 days. Not sure if this is helpful to you.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am trying to reduce carbs this week up protein and keep changing my workout routine. Since I am losing inches, I gotta be doing something right. Guess my body will lose pounds when it wants to.
    2182991.png