Need some help loosing belly fat

Options
I know it may not seem like a big deal because I don't have a lot of fat to lose, but I'm concerned about my health because the type of belly fat I have puts me at risk for a lot of health issues. I don't have a tonne of energy to exercise and I can't do the gym so any advice you could offer I would truly appreciate it.

I'd like to be able to put up a picture to show you what I mean but I'm unsure how to upload one.

Thanks so much :)

Replies

• korenmanchess
    korenmanchess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All bodies store fat differently and you are correct that belly fat is more dangerous than other types of body fat. Unfortunately, you cannot target specific areas when losing fat. You can do a cut/bulk cycle. The cut is a cut in the number of calories you're consuming. First step: calculate your total daily energy expenditure (TDEE calculators available easily on Google). This is how many cals your body burns on an average day. I recommend selecting the "sedentary" setting even if you are an active person. We often overestimate our calories burned vs calories consumed. Better to play it safe to account for "cheat days" throughout the journey. Second step: select a deficit. You will be eating less calories than you burn but you have the flexibility to decide how big the deficit is. 3500 cal = 1lb lost. If you eat 500 cal less than your TDEE per day, you will lose one pound per week. If you eat 1000 cal less daily, 2lbs and so on. Third step: add cardio for faster weight loss (max out on calories burned during workouts) and weight lifting or body weight exercises for toning. Fourth step: when you have lost the belly fat, begin the "bulk" phase. This is where you eat more calories than you are burning (complete opposite from the cut phase). Focus on your protein needs to build muscle. And now you can add back the curves you may have lost in other places (butt, thighs, arms) in muscle. The end result will be no more belly fat and a curvy or sporty physique (depending on how you train.) Fifth step: maintenance. Now that you've lost the belly fat and bulked up other areas, you can begin eating the number of calories that you burn per day. Good luck!
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Lots of people are on here because they only have a few pounds to lose. Lots of people are here because they don't want to lose any and are maintaining or bulking.

If you don't want to exercise then just remember calories in, calories out. Eating at a caloric deficit will help you lose no matter what you're doing or eating. Exercising and lifting will be good for you though as well as probably increase your energy.
  • jinny1313
    jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cardio, it's the only thing. My suggestion is gliding discs. I live in an apartment so I can't do high impact cardio at home so gliding discs are the way to go. Do mountain climbers and a circuit of other gliding disc exercises (check YouTube for ideas) and belly fat will come off!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit to lose fat.

Exercise to be healthy.

If you have no medical reason not to exercise, understand that inactive behavior begets inactive behavior and active behavior makes you more energetic. The only way out of thevery inactive is to suck it up and be more active,
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    There's no reason not to exercise. The more you do the more energy and endurance you'll have. It's good for your bones and heart and mind too!

• luna_astrum
    luna_astrum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I plan to order glider discs and try them out and see how that goes.

I've basically laid in my bed for 3 years due to my depression now that I've started to be able to be more active due to a new medication finally working. All of my muscles are non existent. I currently can't even do a girly pushup. I am trying to build them up and actually be healthy and eat properly.

I definitely appreciate all the support and I plan to work really hard and take everyone's advice into consideration
    Thanks again ♡
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your suggestions. I plan to order glider discs and try them out and see how that goes.

I've basically laid in my bed for 3 years due to my depression now that I've started to be able to be more active due to a new medication finally working. All of my muscles are non existent. I currently can't even do a girly pushup. I am trying to build them up and actually be healthy and eat properly.

I definitely appreciate all the support and I plan to work really hard and take everyone's advice into consideration
    Thanks again ♡

I know how tough depression can be. I'm still struggling with mine and somedays it's just too tough to get up. Hang in there :heart: