Healthy Recipes

Options
Does anyone have any healthy, whole food recipes? I am planning on changing my nutritional habits after I move into my apartment Friday and I am looking for some healthy recipes. I am wanting to limit myself to fresh fruits, veggies and lean protein, and possibly low calorie flavorings or sauces. I really want to limit my carb intake so I can hopefully break my dependence on sugar and bread.

Replies

• Rose1010203
    Rose1010203 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower rice. You just pulverize it in a food processor and cook it on the stove with some olive oil and sp. You can add onions, tomatoes, and other seasonings to it to make a Spanish rice. You can't even tell the difference in burritos.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Aren't ingredents in recipes usually whole foods? If the ingredients are healthy, the result will also be healthy, if you do it right. Borrow/buy a cookbook that has recipes for foods YOU like, or google recipes for meals YOU want.

Be aware that you can't go low carb and low fat at the same time. And there's sugar in fruit and vegetables. "Low calorie" products are typically the opposite of "whole" and healthy. You can eat whatever you want as long as you get enough of everything you need and not too much of anything. Arbitrary restrictions rarely work in the long run, and health and fitness is a long term project...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Isn't that pretty much any cookbook?