1st time posting a question...fitness classes?

Options
I have been a member of anytime fitness for a couple months now and love it. They offer classes they call alloy training I think it is and have such classes called foundation, afterburn, and industrial strength and there is 1 more I think. I haven't yet met with the trainer's as I am intimidated because of my size and I know it's all in my head but I just can't do it. In these 2 months I have lost 9 pounds and somehow 2 Jean sizes :)...I'm interested in the alloy training do any of you have any experience with these? Are they worth the hype? I'm still over 300lbs and worry what the trainer's or other people in class might say as I have been judged all my life for my weight.....

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i dont know what alloy classes are, but i do know that every class i've ever taken has had people of all sizes and experience levels and everyone is always extremely encouraging and there is never any judging. Just pace yourself in the class and have fun and go consistently, you'll love it once you get past the fear of being the new girl.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much for your reply!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Just do it and do what you can!! Nobody will be judging you and most of all have fun!!
  • happyauntie2015
    Options
    Thank you very much!!!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off a bike in spin class...no one noticed.

The beauty of classes is there is a wide variety of ages, sizes etc.

I say if it intrests you just do it, go at your own pace, you might feel out of place the first class but I promise if you go, and try it a few times you won't feel out of place anymore, and who knows it might be fun.

• tuckahoe88
    tuckahoe88 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Agreed. There are people of all sizes, shapes, and experience in any class I've taken in any gym. It's fun! No judgements except, perhaps, respect. Go in, give it your best shot (with your individual pacing in mind--also encouraged and accepted wherever I've gone) and ENJOY. Good luck to you.
  • happyauntie2015
    Options
    Thank-you!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Do it. A good instructor will give you instructions on how to modify anything you can't do quite yet. No biggie - classes I go to have people of every size and ability and people just modify where needed.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Try it out, and see if you like it. Let the instructor know you're new before the class starts. If the instructor is decent, she should provide modifications for both beginners and more advanced participants. I take a bunch of group classes, and I've never heard anyone make a comment about someone else's weight in the class.
  • happyauntie2015
    Options
    Thank you both! I'm excited to try something new and starting to feel less intimidated by it now :)