Question about calorie intake

Options
Ok, so I am so totally confused! I have been counting calories and exercising every day and have lost weight. The last few days I have changed my exercise from Slim in 6 to the 30 Day Shred (I;m on day 4) and haven't lost anything! I have also added some running into my daily exercise walk. Am I just "readjusting" to this new routine?

Before, I would just eat my normal 1200 calories and whatever I exercised off would be my deficit. I am trying to do the same thing here, but not seeing results. My water intake is still high and my diet hasn't changed.

Advice? Thoughts?

TIA!

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So, your question basically is: "why haven't I lost weight in the last 4 days"?

Give it more time.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you change your exercise routine and add running, you are probably holding water because, in the course of doing new exercises, you tear muscles cells--which is normal and leads to muscle gains--and those muscles hold water in the repair process. Don't let people tell you that you gained muscle in four days because it doesn't work that fast.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    you don't have to create a deficit yourself.. it's already there.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Before, I would just eat my normal 1200 calories and whatever I exercised off would be my deficit. I am trying to do the same thing here, but not seeing results.

This sounds like your NET at the end of the day is probably 800-900 cals then. If you are eating too little you won’t lose any real weight it will just be water weight in the beginning like a fad diet and overtime you can do some serious damage to your metabolism.

The deficit is already calculated for you, if you choose not to eat back all of your exercise cals I hope you are very petite otherwise you should be. That being said 30DS only burns about 120-160 cals for average-sized people so don't fret too much about permanent metabolism issues if that’s the ONLY exercise you are doing, I don't think you are there yet.
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    you don't have to create a deficit yourself.. it's already there.

so I should still try to eat at least 1200 calories a day or eat whatever it says my calories should be after it calculates in my exercise?
  • JoeyandChase
    Options
    For example, my daily goal for today is 1583, because my total burn today was 383. With breakfast, it says my remaining calories are 1298 ~ so, should I try to eat the whole 1298 or stick to my 1200 calorie goal and the 383 burned is my deficit?

Sorry if I'm so dense about this ~ I just want to make sure I understand and am doing it right!

TIA!