Hi from Sydney Australia

Options
Just saying hi from Ozzie, im a 40 yr old guy whose NY resolution is to find time for myself. And that includes getting in shape
Week 3 of my exercise and food regime, just found this site and thought id say hi.

Happy to chat ...

Replies

• NeilinOz
    Options
    Just saying hi from Ozzie, im a 40 yr old guy whose NY resolution is to find time for myself. And that includes getting in shape
    Week 3 of my exercise and food regime, just found this site and thought id say hi.

Happy to chat ...
  • shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome.
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    many thanks and good luck with yr quest
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!:flowerforyou: Glad to have you here.:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    many thanks and good luck to u too !
  • weezie79
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Canberra. Good to see another Aussie on here.:drinker:
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    hey miss canberra and good to hear from you too
    good luck with yr goals and say hi anytime
  • budje
    budje Posts: 4
    Options
    Good for you, I did the same thing. So far it seems to be working. Good luck.
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    Well many thanks and good luck to you on yr journey too !
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome! ooooooooo I wish I could hear you talk!!!! I LOVE Australian accents!!! Good luck on getting in shape - it was my resolution as well - This site has helped tremendously! Hope you like it!
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    too funny
    im sure the very nice man in the pic just behind u would appreciate that sentiment lololol
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Awesome to have you here - even if you are walking around on the world upside down! JK. I used to have a pal from Oz and he had a map with the world rightway up and Australia on top. Loved it.

If you want to, there is also a thread going under the fitness and exercise called 100 pushup challenge. (you could probably search "pushup challenge"). It's a group of us who are working together to build upper body strength - pretty cool.

Enjoy MFP!
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    hi wynnie

thanks for all that and yes o know the map u mean - seems right to me lol

ill have a look at the pushup challenge - sounds like a good one

and good luck to you too
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome, I am pretty new here only been on here since December 31, 2008. Good luck with you weight loss.
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    thanks laura and good luck to you too
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    hmm just did 1000 steps - 5 sets of 50 up 50 down, 4x over with i min break between
    feel great
    how do i work out how many calories - the onsite calc just has running "up steps" .. so do i halve the time for total and call half running up steps and the other just running- slow ?
    any ideas?
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What I do is put "Up Steps" for running up them, and I use "Walking - very brisk" for going down.
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    Wyniie - many thanks - good plan
  • mazzle76
    Options
    hey, another aussie!!
    im in sydney too and only found and joined this site last week.

good luck with your goal.

this site is very addictive.. and helps you keep in check with your food and fitness plans and helps keep you honest with yourself.

although, if you log your items, make sure you change the date... as we are half a day ahead of the server in the states...

enjoy.
    m
  • JolandaW
    JolandaW Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome Australia! I lived in Melbourne last year (my partner is an Aussie) and miss it terribly!! Good luck with the weight loss :happy: