Almost 70 pounds down since Feb 22, 2016. Dress size 30 down to 16

Options
Annahbananas
Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
I'm chugging along. But when I started in February I was 302 . I was just miserable. Hospital...the whole nine yards. I was also into the "Big is beautiful" philosophy...which I still believe but I no longer believe big is healthy.

Decided to watch my calories. Went to 1200 a day and eventually started to work out an hour to an hour and a half about 5 times per week. I haven't done any strength training yet...just cardio.

Bought a fitbits for added motivational support.

I record every episode of "My 600 lb life" and "Extreme Weightloss" just for inspiration.

Right now, I'm almost at 232 and I am hoping to go from a size 16 to a size 8 by October and my goal weight of 140 by February 22, 2017

Replies

• always_serenity2016
    always_serenity2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the great work :)
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow, good job
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love seeing your updates! Amazing work, keep going!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are doing so well - go you! Hope to see your next success story post :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That takes a lot of dedication.

A word of warning, though- be careful about doing this too aggressively. A healthy weight loss is 2 lbs/week when you have more to lose, but as you get closer to goal it will get down to 0.5-1 lb/week. It is VERY difficult (and unhealthy) to maintain even 2 lbs/week loss rate as you get closer and closer to goal, and it sounds like you want to lose much faster than that. Don't set yourself up for failure. Slower weight loss is also a lot more likely to be maintained and prevents as much loss of muscle.

When I joined MFP forums, I thought I knew enough about calorie counting and losing weight, but the idea that "weight loss is not linear" was a tough pill for me to swallow. I wanted to be my goal weight by the beginning of 2017, but now I know that's just not going to reasonably happen. I've had to restructure my goals, but I know that time is going to pass anyway and I'll get there eventually. Just don't be too disappointed or beat up on yourself if you don't meet your goals- just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Be patient, love yourself, and keep up the hard work!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Congrats on all your success so far! You've already done great things in a relatively short period of time. :#
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, well done. I just echo the cautions of previous posters. I set myself a target of 2lb a week to lose 100lb in a year. That was fairly achievable for the first 6 months but having lost over 80 now the loss has slowed. I now realise that is perfectly normal and I'm delighted with any loss and some weeks I'm happy to maintain!! I'll get there eventually, and so will you!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's amazing progress in such a short amount of time!!! Way to go!!! Congrats on your success!!! :)
  • lucky31charm
    lucky31charm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • Annahbananas
    Options
    For those who thinks I'm not eating enough or doing too much, don't worry.

EVERYTHING is being monitored by my primary physician, a nephrologist, and endocrinologist.

I'm eating 1200 a day, I'm doing fine. My nutritionalist are on point
  • dgeames
    dgeames Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome congrats @Annahbananas! feel free to add me. I am currently 328lbs down 46. Goal weight 165.
  • Annahbananas
    edited June 2016
    Options
    dgeames wrote: »
    Awesome congrats @Annahbananas! feel free to add me. I am currently 328lbs down 46. Goal weight 165.

Congrats to you too!!! We're already friends tho hehe :p
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For those who thinks I'm not eating enough or doing too much, don't worry.

EVERYTHING is being monitored by my primary physician, a nephrologist, and endocrinologist.

I'm eating 1200 a day, I'm doing fine. My nutritionalist are on point

Glad to hear it! I wasn't saying you weren't eating enough, nor was I trying to dissuade or discourage you, I just wanted to make sure you weren't setting yourself up to become frustrated in the future when the rate of loss slows. Goodness knows I've had some crazy advice and expectations from physicians who weren't trained in nutrition. Keep it up! You've got this and you're doing awesome!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    One day at a time
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!