Old but new

Options
Hi I'm Heidi. I've been a member of my fitness pal for a long time, but I am new to the message boards. I'm trying to take my health and fitness more seriously as I've hit the ripe age of 40 and after a year of health hiccups, high cholesterol, Peptic Ulcer and a DVT in my leg I figured it was enough of a wake up call to get moving.

I'd like to lose around 10-15 kg, but mostly I would just like to have improved fitness and a better diet that instead of being work just becomes apart of my lifestyle. I'm definitely a creature of habit that seems to slip back into my lifelong patterns very quickly. I'm hoping by being more actively involved in the fitness pal community and reading what others are up to and accomplishing it will help me maintain my focus to create the lifestyle and health changes I'd like to.

Let the Journey begin :) xx

Replies

• rag09
    rag09 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi, I liked the title of your message - it describes me well. I used My Fitness Pal for many years and then fell away for a couple. Now I'm back because I know that tracking my food is one of the best things I can do for my health. I'm over 40 and a creature of habit as well. I find it frustrating that good habits take so long to build and so little time to tear down. It's definitely a journey!
  • Cathy121314
    Cathy121314 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello Heidi -- your story sounds familiar. I'm over 40, and trying to break the old comfortable habits and from some new healthy ones. It's not easy and I struggle daily!! Feel free to add me!!

Cathy