Gotta ask.. Cellulite, why is it so hard to get rid of?!

Options
I'm 5'5" and 109lbs, I work out 5 days a week for about 25-60 minutes each and have been for the past 3 months and I cannot figure out why I still have a little cellulite around my thighs and hip/butt area

Replies

• jinny1313
    jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I target these areas too, I weight circuits, kettle bells, gliding discs and resistance bands. Just can't tone up as much as I want to in those areas
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Genetics, sorry!
  • jinny1313
    jinny1313 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Genetics sure, I get that. I'm just a firm believer in being able to make changes with work. It's not just the little cellulite that I have, it's that I can't tone as much as I want to in those areas.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    jinny1313 wrote: »
    Genetics sure, I get that. I'm just a firm believer in being able to make changes with work. It's not just the little cellulite that I have, it's that I can't tone as much as I want to in those areas.

At 5ft5 and 109lbs it's more likely to be lack of muscle that is your problem.

Look at progressive lifting programs like Strong Curves and SL5x5. These programs can help you gain strength and define muscle that may minimize cellulite. You can stay thin and sculpted with a good lifting program. Just stay at maintenance or above on your calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What does "toning" mean to you? At 5'5" and 109 you just have to put on muscle. Eat, lift.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is my worst enemy. It's awful on my booty and the back of my thighs, and it sure is RESILIENT. The struggle is real. T_T
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mine disappears when I strength train regularly. Try lifting heavier. Nearly everyone has cellulite to some degree.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    keep lifting...and they say dry scrubs work too, altho I don't have it in me to do that to my skin..lol! (I also find sometimes losing TOO much weight can make them appear more noticeable...just a thought! (there are also tanning sprays and creams that practically make cellulite invisible...
  • arditarose
    Options
    keep lifting...and they say dry scrubs work too, altho I don't have it in me to do that to my skin..lol! (I also find sometimes losing TOO much weight can make them appear more noticeable...just a thought! (there are also tanning sprays and creams that practically make cellulite invisible...

This is a real thing for me. Not that I lost TOO much, but I did purposely try to get as small as I could in order to run a bulk and regain with some muscle. When I started gaining a little fat and muscle back, the cellulite looked better. My legs looked smoother in general even though they were bigger.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Exactly...me too! At 105, the cellulite was bad...now at 120, you can hardly see it!
  • arditarose
    Options
    Exactly...me too! At 105, the cellulite was bad...now at 120, you can hardly see it!

Interesting! And you strength train, right?
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    I do, but not as much, or as heavy, as I should...So far I've dropped 80 lbs...but gained some back (which is way better than when I was TOO skinny!). I do kettle bells mostly, with a lot of body resistance training all week :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    I do, but not as much, or as heavy, as I should...So far I've dropped 80 lbs...but gained some back (which is way better than when I was TOO skinny!). I do kettle bells mostly, with a lot of body resistance training all week :)

Good! Body weight stuff is real. I lift heavy and REALLY struggle with body weight resistance training.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It is genetics partly, but a lot of it will go a away. Lift heavy weights.. !!!

I am 5'4" 115 pounds and I was covered in it. I have been lifting heavy for just over a year and 1/2 and mine has almost dissipated, if I were to lower my body fat and concentrate on building even more lean mass, then more of it will go a way. See the trend?
  • Strongandscrappy
    Strongandscrappy Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    @jemhh thank you for that article! A bunch of it resonated with me. Maybe I'll rock my shorts at the gym more often!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    It is genetics partly, but a lot of it will go a away. Lift heavy weights.. !!!

I am 5'4" 115 pounds and I was covered in it. I have been lifting heavy for just over a year and 1/2 and mine has almost dissipated, if I were to lower my body fat and concentrate on building even more lean mass, then more of it will go a way. See the trend?

Same for me. I still have it but it's so much better than it was.