Best way to get fit and toned

Options
I currently weigh 118kg, looking to get down to 100kg, whats the best and quickest ways to do so as id like to do this and gain muslce hopefully before end of October if possible.

Whats best workouts to do
best fat burning foods and good for muslce growth
and anything else to help

Also is it good to do all muslce exercises everyday or will they grow quicker by setting certain parts of body for days like chest day, leg day etc

Any help would help alot, i know you cant lose weight and gain muslce at same time but i just want to get big in muslce quick and tone up alot.

If anyone lives in south australia adelaide area and could help teach me at anytime fittness gym, id be greatful. Ill give it 100% as i really miss being fit

Replies

• GobletofFlames
    GobletofFlames Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't really know but I want to say best of luck to you! I admire you for embarking on a journey of getting strong! Take care
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Sprint. Eat well
  • GhostX1994
    GhostX1994 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What would be the best foods to eat?
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Meat, vegetables, fruit.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    As well as thinking about what's "best", also think about what you enjoy best.

Find an activity, exercise, class or sport that you can't wait to do and you're more likely to stick to it.

Good luck!
  • TheRootofGroot
    TheRootofGroot Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just eat potatoes.
  • GhostX1994
    Options
    I ust to love gym work but its hard for motivation since its been awhile

I thought about that but being told its not a good idea to just eat potatoes as ill lose muslce more then anything
  • TheRootofGroot
    Options
    Seriously though go to bodybuilding dot com, great site full of free programs.
    Personally used the Arnold's Blueprint to Cut for my weight loss, which isn't something you should start with, but anyways there are beginner programs as well.
  • erickalynch19
    erickalynch19 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Umm you do gain muscle while listening weight. That's why weighing yourself all the time is not an good idea. Most people forget that so when the see the number one the scale they freak out if it has not change in an while yet are confused that their clothes fit differently. And to gain muscle you have to put yourself on an higher protein Diet so your muscle can use the protein as fuel. That what I always hear that and to eat fish and red meat.
  • TheRootofGroot
    Options
    It's not impossible but highly improbable to gain muscle while on a caloric deficit actually.
  • erickalynch19
    Options
    Oh if I'm wrong and someone knows it please tell me so I don't tell other people incorrect information again. I got the information from an bodybuilding site about 3 or 4 years ago and I know things keep changing.
  • TheRootofGroot
    Options
    Well body recomposition is a thing.
    So let's say you've got a high bodyfat percentage and you start lifting weights following a program, and you eat a maintenance ever so slightly above, you will burn fat and gain muscle, especially if your new to weightlifting.
    The first year of weightlifting can yield incredible results if done properly, unfortunately the body adapts and you're lucky to gain 500 grams of muscle a month after a few years.
  • erickalynch19
    Options
    It's not impossible but highly improbable to gain muscle while on a caloric deficit actually.
    Haha thanks I guess the information I got 3years changed on me again. :)
  • GhostX1994
    Options
    Cheers for the info ill check the website

So does taking protein powder and pre workout acually do much for you? Never taken as iv never believed it works

I only will be taking clear muslce again as it shows results quick without issues i found
  • erickalynch19
    Options
    Protein powders worked for my ma she just had to find the one that works for her. I say there are way to many put there but sadly it not an one protein works for all type of world. As for pre workout she did some cardio before streath training to warn her muscle up.
  • GhostX1994
    Options
    Yeah i ust to always finish my gym sessions with 30 to 60 min walk/run on tread mill but some tell me its best to do first
  • erickalynch19
    Options
    Ya it help some with the work out so you don't damage your muscle to much but you can do an walk/run after to to cool down to or stretchs
  • TheRootofGroot
    Options
    Preworkouts can be beneficial during a weight loss program.
    In order to lose weight you'll need to eat less than what your body needs.
    So here you are, working out regularly, using up lots of energy, yet you're at a caloric deficit.
    That's always hard.
    Sometimes, especially after a long day of work and/or school, and taking care of a child et cetera, it is hard to find the energy to do your planned workout, and this is when a preworkout can be beneficial.

Keep in mind that most preworkouts are nothing more than overpriced gatorade powders with added caffeine.
    By and large the most effective ingredient in any preworkout is caffeine, and you might as well just purchase the much cheaper caffeine pills and take 100-200mg 20 minutes before your workout, only when you feel you need it.

As for protein powder I answered that in your potato thread.
  • GhostX1994
    Options
    Yeah im kinda doubling up questions on both haha forgeting which and what i write

Preworkouts i found i dont really need as i will be taking clear muslce which does the same effect aswell to what pre workouts do