Help with FT4

Options
I have a Polar FT4 and the date always shows day/month/year. So today shows 02.07.2011 How do I change it so it will show 07/02/2011???? It's driving me crazy and I can't get it switched. A friend of mine has one that shows the date the correct way, so I know it's possible to do. I'd be very thankful if someone can help me with this.

Replies

• melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I have one too, mine shows the correct date...but I have misplaced my watch at the moment so I can't look at it to see. You should be able to scroll through the menu buttons unitl you reach an option that says settings. Wish I could be more help, it's hard having baby brains and trying to go from memory!
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    On the right side the three buttons, hit the lower button until you get to settings. Press the middle button to take you into settings. Then press the lower button again until you get to Watch Time & Date. Press the middle button again to take you into that. Then press the lower button again until you get to Date. Month will come up first (it will be flashing) press either the upper button or lower button to set it to the month (07); then press the middle button again and the day will flash. Using the upper or lower button press until you get to (02) then press the center button again. Then the Year will flash. If the year was good you can just press the middle button, or if you need to set it use the upper or lower buttons to pick the correct year then press the center button. When you are done it will say Date Set; and should show the correct date of 07/02/2011. You can then press the lower button on the left side to back out to the main watch face.
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For some reason, when I get in to the settings and get to the set date, the first thing that flashes is the day....I can't figure out how to get it so it will display the month first.
  • mytime60
    Options
    I played with mine a little bit lookig for that setting. Can't seem to find it. I will dig out the manual and see if there is something in there.
  • mytime60
    Options
    It sounds like the Time Format is set up when you first set up the watch. It appears as it can't be changed after that. However I found this on the the Polar website. (www.polar.fi/support)

I was already at 12 hour so I don't know if this will work or not. They do have an area where you can ask questions; so you might want to try that.

Found "a" solution

Not sure if this is the only way to change it,,,but I tried switching to a 12 hour time format and that reset my date format to mm/dd/yy
  • harvick29fan
    harvick29fan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you VERY VERY much. I work as a 911 dispatcher and I am used to military time, so I have my polar set to that. I am going to try and set it to 12 hour instead of 24 hour and see if that works. I appreciate your help!