Maryland and Discouraged

Options
Tam9271
Tam9271 Posts: 7 Member
Have not used MFP in over two years now.

Has anyone else felt It is frustrating to go grocery shopping? I do all the time, I try to get things that are "Healthy". It seems most of the time 1/2 of the ingredients on these packages, labeled organic or whole foods are filled with words that I need a chemistry degree to pronounce. Even the Chicken you have to make sure its not boosted with any BS now days :neutral:

Replies

• snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am weaning myself off of processed foods entirely because of what you mention above.

When I shop, I stick to the outer aisles mostly and then head for dried goods like beans, brown rice, organic veggie broth, then the International section for morinu tofu. Dairy case, almond milk (unsweetened.) If you eat a lot of whole foods, it gets easier. This is my first week doing this and I have had some great meals. Best wishes!
  • Tam9271
    Tam9271 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    snerggly wrote: »
    I hear you. I am weaning myself off of processed foods entirely because of what you mention above.

When I shop, I stick to the outer aisles mostly and then head for dried goods like beans, brown rice, organic veggie broth, then the International section for morinu tofu. Dairy case, almond milk (unsweetened.) If you eat a lot of whole foods, it gets easier. This is my first week doing this and I have had some great meals. Best wishes!

Exactly. Im trying desperately. Outer perimeter of the grocery store isn't a safe bet now days :(
    I have seem to be fond of MorningStar now. I love their Black Bean Burgers on White Corn Tortillas. A little bit of fresh guacamole and diced tomatoes Yum.