Tips to tone thighs!?!

Options
Just looking for some helpful tips and quick little things I can do outside of the time, things I can add into my daily routine!

What works for you?

Suggestions?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    To "tone" your best bet would be lose weight & gain muscle. You can't control where the weight is lost but by adding in lower body exercises (especially squats) you'll most likely get the look you like.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Run and lift heavy :) that's all I do!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lost weight

If you want to build thigh muscle then squats, deadlifts, lunges, hip thrusts, step ups and progressive resistance and adequate calories and protein is the way but I don't think that's what you're talking about
  • twerk_it_out
    twerk_it_out Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    go on youtube and you'll find loads of videos where is well explained how to tone thighs
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    go on youtube and you'll find loads of videos where is well explained how to tone thighs

Aaannnnnnndddddd if they don't involve losing weight they will be pointless ..because "tone" is simply low enough body fat to see muscles ...you can exercise a muscle as much as you want but cover it in fat and there is nothing to see
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 leg challenge app on smart phone. It is free and it is making me sore so hope it is working :wink:
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Aaannnnnnndddddd if they don't involve losing weight they will be pointless ..because "tone" is simply low enough body fat to see muscles ...you can exercise a muscle as much as you want but cover it in fat and there is nothing to see

THANK YOU!!! Every time I see "toning" treads I'm wondering what on earth they're actually talking about because in my mind I see women doing Michael Simmons workouts and using shakeweights to do this "toning" thing. Why don't people make it easy by just saying their dropping their body fat % and ramping up their lifting routine? :confused:

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lose fat while strength training. This is basically what "toning" means, though usually when people use this word they don't know what the goal is or what it is possible for the body to be able to do. A muscle has tone but you can't tone a muscle...you can lose muscle, gain muscle, or keep it the same. You can do the same with fat. If you strength train in a calorie deficit you save muscle, and lose fat to reveal it.