Monster drinks

Options
aj757
aj757 Posts: 8 Member
Hi I am new and starting or trying! I have a extremely busy live as I am in nurse practitioner school and work 50+ hours a week and drink these on a consistent bases the zero carb zero sugar one what do u think?

Replies

• Blonde_bombshell20
    Blonde_bombshell20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think they're really bad for you zero sugar/carbs or not... But who am I to talk? I have an energy drink every single morning. Coffee would be the better alternative but I know how hard it is to stop the energy drinks. But if you're gonna drink them, might as well be the zero carbs/sugar one ;)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It looks like a 16 oz Monster drink has 160mg of caffeine, whereas a 16oz Starbucks Grande contains 330mg of caffeine. So a couple of Monsters is equivalent to a Grande Starbucks. I've seen 500mg suggested as the max someone should ingest a day. I personally would rather have the coffee, but I don't see why it's any better or worse the energy drinks.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I drink them every once in a while but I would caution that they do contain some sodium so maybe make sure you drink a little extra water in between. That's the biggest concern for me.
  • gav_a1
    gav_a1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Probably be better off using caffeine tablets with water
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Good luck with your studies! I know how demanding this can be.

There are studies that artificially sweetened drinks can possibly lead to insulin resistance, and mess up sugar satiety signals in the body. I would suggest making batches of iced green tea sweetened with a little bit of honey as a substitute. Bring bottles of it with you to quench your thirst and give you a boost.

medicalnewstoday.com/articles/261179.php